Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • MBUK is this months worth buying ?
  • oldfart

Want some reading material .So it's either the Daily Express , MBUK or a trip to the library ?

andrewy33
    Free Member

Is any months MBUK worth buying………………..

Tiger6791

You get some socks which makes it better than the previous month.

I went for the grey ones

I think the MS is something about summer / spring just around the corner from memory.

The Wales feature is disapointing from memory

Some photo's of Peter Beardsley's son ripping up the trails, wicked to the power of sick!

You pays your fiver and takes your choice

Like I say you get some socks

BoardinBob

Some photo's of Peter Beardsley's son ripping up the trails, wicked to the power of sick!

I take it you mean Doddy 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

It's alright, you won't like it though.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i got it for the socks. honest. i looked at the pictures a bit too though.

dustytrails

Why bother? Is it ever worth a "read"? TBH I haven't viewed a copy for YEARS so it could have improved from crap!!!!????

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Kids comic innit?

Gilles

go to the libray and borrow Touching the Void.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I actually think it's ok these days, certainly no worse than the other mag's.

Of course, niche types won't like it 😉

sc-xc

dusty trails – Member

Why bother? Is it ever worth a "read"? TBH I haven't viewed a copy for YEARS so it could have improved from crap!!!!????

Classic STW! Love it.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Its pretty good to be honest. FAR MORE content to read than the latest SHonkytrack mag

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Good,and next copy gets 10% of with Smiths voucher.

jimmy

Its a bit too thick this month I thought 😯

(its all ads)

westkipper
    Free Member

The last time I thought MBUK was worth buying, it was 1992/93.

Edric64
    Free Member

If you are over fifteen then MBUK is not for you

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I think it's probably the best (most interesting) of the current crop. I think it covers a broader spectrum than the others.

Algore
    Free Member

Pretty picture of me on the letter page riding round Glentress.
    But I am biased.

no its shite

tazzymtb

it's got mint sauce therefore it wins.

Tiger6791

Quite a lot of MBUK bashing here but it's okay, it's not brilliant but it's okay.

The problem is it isn't soley aimed at overweight middle age men that work in IT.

So if I buy which I do from time to time I like the bits that are aimed at middle age IT types and skip the 4x, Downhill, Rad to the power of sick stuff.

What's good this month:

[*]Nice tyre group test[/*]
    [*]Nice article about cycling in Cornwall[/*]
    [*]The bit about Wales is a good idea but could have been better.[/*]
    [*]Alright bit about DH technique[/*]

What's not so good:
    [*]The Dalby piece didn't really tell you anything[/*]
    [*]Dirt Jumping stuff[/*]
    [*]Trials stuff[/*]
    [*]The Single crown fork group test[/*]

I like MBUK when it has the event reviews such as the Dusk til Dawn and the like and wish that was in ST really. I like the trail centre reviews

Oh and you get some socks, it's a fiver, if you want it buy it if you don't read it and haven't done for several years don't comment.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

No not really, 10 minutes tops. Mint was good though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Its pretty good to be honest. FAR MORE content to read than the latest SHonkytrack mag

On current form, I'd agree. ST is patchy to say the least. I've cancelled my subs before, and if it doesn't imporve this year on it's 2nd chance, I'll cancel again.
    MBUK is easily the most diverse mag, and the most professionally produced, and so far the only one I've not found errors in. Their bike and gear tests are far and away the best too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OK, who broke the thread???

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I cancelled mbuk last year (dec) and got stw on subs from my wife, its the worst present she has ever brought me, at least mbuk have an opinion about stuff and review tons of kit, group tests, they review everything you could ever want them to! where as singletrack sit on the fence, just full of trail and route news, usually trails way out of peoples reach, would be nice if they could actually review stuff the masses actually use, bar the naff gifts mbuk is the best choice imho as it covers all types and styles, all budgets etc. I only use singletrack as toilet material now, or an emergency if the baby wipes run out

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘MBUK is this months worth buying ?’ is closed to new replies.