Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mazda 6TS 2 Anyone ??
  • grizedaleforest

Have been looking at Mazda 6 too, albeit the diesel manual. I think you’re right that the older ones were built on a Mondeo platform. I’ve looked at two now ‘in the flesh’ and really like them – the boot space is enormous and flat: you could sleep in it. Feels a quality vehicle. Personally now torn between this and a similar age Honda CRV (boring middle age fart option).

bearnecessities

Nope, definitely a Mazda.

Renton loved his.

doris5000

they were basically fords but moved away from that at some point – not sure exactly when tho!

i’ve a friend in the car industry, spends his life trekking round Europe from one car plant to the next, everything from Skoda to Bentley.

His personal car is a Mazda 6. Which is quite the endorsement IMO…

bigad40
    Free Member

Mazda builds s great car

reluctantlondoner

I was looking at one of these and ended up with a Volvo – which I’ve been delighted with.

The insurance on the Mazda was going to be stupid for reasons I was unable to fathom. The Volvo is cheap as chips to insure.

loddrik
    Free Member

White goods in car form

chickenman

I have a diesel manual estate 2010. There definitely some similarities to the Mondeo. Fantastic to drive on a windy road, boot massive though the sloped tailgate reduces this. I really can’t recommend the diesel though: Whilst it has plenty of oomph it isn’t that fuel efficient (maybe they don’t cheat on their emissions?). The big issue though is the problem with all modern diesels: Any fuel savings (say £400 a year) will disappear if you need a DMF, DPF, EGR, injectors or fuel pump replaced (highly likely after a few years use, particularly if you mainly drive in town).
    I only say this because my injectors worked loose, combustion gases crystalizing in the oil sump leading to a blocked oil pump strainer. The injectors needed replaced and the bill came to £2150.

renton
    Free Member

Great cars and as mentioned above I loved mine however as nice as that one is in the lkink its probably the worst colour to have if you are bothered about stone chips etc and it also marks very easily.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had my 2010 model for 4 years this coming February. 2.2 diesel sport. Goes very well 180 brake and handles really well with good tyres on. It simply does everything brilliantly and efficiently. Returns 45 mpg regularly. Absolutely no problems with it at 88k on the clock. Gets a regular decoke at the weekend if I’m out in it though.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I have been looking at these for my dad. That is a lovely car. Get it bought.

sweepy
    Free Member

I had a 2007 diesel, was nice to drive and nippy but not economical, leaked oil all over and had loads of rust underneath. Mechanic said it wasn’t worth fixing.

Squirrel

Just got my third Mazda 6. Did 200000+ miles in the last one. Love ’em 😀

GavinB

I’ve done 90k in 5 years in a 2.2 diesel TS2. The DPF light has come on a few times, but other than that and the usual consumable type of servicing items, it has been perfect. What sold it to me was after test driving similar sized estates from VW, Skoda, Ford, Citroen and Toyota, the Mazda was actually nice to drive.

sweepy
    Free Member

On mine the dpf light came on (flashing)every 13000 miles to alert you to the (main dealer) oil change. You can do it yourself and turn the light off following simple instructions on YouTube

johndoh
    Free Member

Check the repair to the stability control system sensors has been done (affected 3s, 5s and 6s around that time) as it is a £2k + fix and an MOT fail.

Sundayjumper

We had the previous version (a ’52 reg Sport4 Estate), and I hated it. Hopefully this one’s better.

m1kea
    Free Member

Brought a 54 plate diesel pre DPF hatch back in 09 and just gone through 97K miles.

Had an issue with coked up injectors a couple of years ago but the occasional tank of premium and some enthusiastic 3rd gear for 1/2 mile have kept that at bay.

Stupidly big boot with the rear seats down (2 bikes with wheels attached).

Just had a 65 plate diesel estate for 2 weeks and put 2.2K miles on it literally driving the length and breadth of the country. An obviously newer and tighter car to drive with a much better cabin though the rear visibility was worse, especially with the privacy glass.

Wasn’t that impressed with the seat (shape) comfort compared to mine but haven’t driven the ‘middle’ edition to compare.

boltonjon

I’ve got a 2004 Mazda 6 TD5 or something.

Its so dull and boring it sends me to sleep

It does everything well. Big boot so swallows bikes

I often lose it in the supermarket carpark. Just another boring silver car

Need to replace it. It makes me feel old and very boring

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mazda 6TS 2 Anyone ??’ is closed to new replies.