Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Maxxis Ardent – what we all think?
  • Sui
    Free Member

I’m an Ardent convert, for the rear anyway. Always run HR’s or Minion’s, and whilst they are great tyres, they are draggy as hell. So HR II on the front and Ardent on the rear. Yes not as grippy, however because of that they are predictable (i know it;s the opposite of what people say), you know where you will and wont have grip,so you adjust accordingly, but in the process get a nice quick tyre! I also run in back to front.*
    *because i put it it wrong and couldn’t be bothered to take it off. Seems to work though.

roach

Sketchy as hell on the front, much prefer Racing Ralphs even if they might not last as long.

chickenman

I like a rear tyre that breaks away on those steep tight corners and one that is not draggy on the climbs; however I also like one that slows me down when I put the brakes on. What works for me on the rear is something with an aggressive tread but a hard compound. Hans Dampf Pacestar is what I ride with a Shorty or Magic Mary upfront. I echo comments about Ardents not being aggressive or robust enough.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I also find the Ardents a bit unpredictable on the front. I much prefer the Crossmark for summer/racing duties in 29er format. I tried an Ardent Race last year and it only lasted three rides before the sidewall ripped. I do use the Ardent on the rear in winter with a Beaver on the front which is a good combo for me. The Ardent acts as an early warning system as it loses grip before the Beaver does.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ardent – what we all think?’ is closed to new replies.