• This topic has 40 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Mate's missus gifts.
  • buttercup
    Free Member

So.. I got my friend a gift, but dont want to play favourites so have decided to get his lady/child a gift too.
    However, I haven’t actually spoken to her much beyond polite dinner conversation. I know she is into some sorts of music and organic things… but don’t know enough to get a gift on those criteria. (hippie soap the family wont like the smell of. a CD she already owns)

I am thinking of going for a bottle of wine.
    (She drinks. Husband doesn’t)

Any ideas on “My Buddy’s Wife” gifts?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think this might be fun.

bruneep

sofaking
    Free Member

10/10 for effort bruneep 😀

dh
    Free Member

Smelly Candles?

wallop

Candles from the White Company.

buttercup
    Free Member

Thought about the candles.. but then realized I have actually never seen a burning candle in the house. And the soap clause.

Bruneep. That’s the gift that keeps on giving, isn’t it?

donsimon
    Free Member

Now dd is here the inspiration is sure to appear, isn’t it?

carbon337
    Free Member

Chylamidia ?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

ask him. im sure he would be happy to give you a few ideas.

buttercup
    Free Member

Then I have to let him know he has a gift coming.. And keeping that knowledge I might as well go for the Pearl necklace Chlamydia route. 😛

Konastoner
    Free Member

supertramp
    Free Member

Dangerous ground mate!

Crap gift – you look thoughtless, couldn’t be bothered, not making any effort

Good gift – she’ll think you want to give her one, or he will, either way not good!

Just stick to a mince pie (and a brisk handshake) 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Bodyshop voucher?

cookeaa

voucher of some sort? suitably impersonal and generally cheaper than a real present… HMV, smiths, boots,etc

Or a home made voucher:

“I (insert your name here) promise to give the bearer of this voucher one pearl necklace/dose of chylamidia delete as applicable), at a time and location of their choosing”

FTW

chewkw
    Free Member

Perfume? Chocolate? A bottle of Baileys?

GJP
    Free Member

I have just bought my cleaner some expensive hand cream. I thought this was personal enough to show that I had bothered to put a little bit of thought and effort into it, but also neutral in comparison to some real “smellies” type present.

scaredypants

shit!

I bought my mate’s wife a leather basque, leopardskin thigh boots and some marigolds. Too much, isn’t it ? (she’s a very good cleaner)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A somewhat manic leporida.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I don’t profess to understand women, but I really hope that GJP’s suggestion was a joke.

Giving your cleaner “handcream”. **** sake man, why not go the whole hog and buy her a new hoover! To give your “domestic” a gift that accentuates the servile hand callousing nature of her menial duties to you in exchange for minimal reward, is so thoughtless that if she doesn’t stab you in the eye, be grateful.

It’s like you working in IT and being given “C++ For Dummies” by YOUR boss.

matt_outandabout

http://www.agentprovocateur.com

cfh, you naughty boy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glad someone got it, Matt! 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

hand cream for your cleaner ? nothing like making the lady feel special 😀

GJP
    Free Member

Giving your cleaner “handcream”. **** sake man, why not go the whole hog and buy her a new hoover! To give your “domestic” a gift that accentuates the servile hand callousing nature of her menial duties to you in exchange for minimal reward, is so thoughtless that if she doesn’t stab you in the eye, be grateful.

I was saving the Hoover for her 18th birthday present 😆

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

naked pictures of her mother.

buttercup
    Free Member

I don’t drive a limo, Sess.
    Thanks tho.

CountZero

What music do you know she likes? Give us a clue to a type; d&b, Michael Bublé, Justin Beber, Rage Against The Machine?
    If she likes folky or indie, then I’m sure I can suggest something she probably doesn’t know, like The Wailing’ Jennies, or Mechanical Bride, Metric, Aimee Mann, Wolf Parade, Stars, The Dears…
    Even someone like Elbow or Laura Marling; she may know them, but not the earlier works.

buttercup
    Free Member

I know her to like a bit of Tool. That mainstream istrumental industrial feel. but can easily swing some Tori Amos. Typically awesome girl stuff. But not much conversation has gone on about it.
    I think I may leave music out of it.

Thanks for some bands to add to my watch list, though. 🙂

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

No music, too personal a gift for someone who doesn’t really know her! Nice alcohol and maybe tiny, nicely presented box of chocolates would be enough. Or duo of luxurious bath stuff and moisturiser (if you know anything about organic/sensitive creams)?

Just to reassure GJP- as a young woman who has done plenty of cleaning jobs, if someone gave me some luxurious/unusual hand cream (not a value tube of vaseline 😉 ) I would absolutely love it. Cream is bloody expensive and always needed, so to me it’s a nice gesture.

iDave
    Free Member

I know her to like a bit of Tool

😯

jon1973
    Free Member

I know her to like a bit of Tool

Maybe Ann Summers is your best bet then.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Get her name tattooed on your bum, and reveal it on the big day. Laydeez love that.

justatheory
    Free Member

Get her a beetroot. Very underrated vegetable IMO.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Really? her use of hand cream in her menial duties to you gives her callouses?? Wow! I mean, just Wow!

Nevertheless, she probably needs to use a bit more hand cream

philconsequence
    Free Member

chocolate body paint but put both their names on the card/tag?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get her a pet. I hear that lots of ladies like rabbits.

qwerty
    Free Member

Vibrator app for her phone 😉

matt_outandabout

Both of you – see CFH 🙂

GJP
    Free Member

miaowing_kat – Member
    No music, too personal a gift for someone who doesn’t really know her! Nice alcohol and maybe tiny, nicely presented box of chocolates would be enough. Or duo of luxurious bath stuff and moisturiser (if you know anything about organic/sensitive creams)?

Just to reassure GJP- as a young woman who has done plenty of cleaning jobs, if someone gave me some luxurious/unusual hand cream (not a value tube of vaseline ) I would absolutely love it. Cream is bloody expensive and always needed, so to me it’s a nice gesture.

OK m_kat I am willing to take the risk, tomorrow is cleaning day. I have also bought her some expensive chocolates and will give her a nice cash bonus to boot so hopefully I will continue to have sight in both eyes.

RealMan
    Free Member

Pregnant?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Mate's missus gifts.’ is closed to new replies.