• This topic has 98 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Mates and their ex GF's…
  • psling
    Free Member

mboy’s not from FoD, though I know what you mean. I am, and the good thing for me is that if I break up with my wife at least she’s still my sister…

2004 is fair game IMO Mark, 12 monther and I’d be just checking with my mate that ‘break-up-sex’ isn’t still on their menu 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mate of mine dated another mates ex and they haven’t spoken to each other since. He split up with her 25 years ago.!!! 25 **** years and they fell out over it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

One word:

FINGERBANG

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

psling – have you not got a sister that mboy could have then? An ugly one will do as long as she’s gentle with our delicate little flower.

Pook

Whats up with mastile’s? Hes getting all hot and bothered for some reason. ;o)

Oh, and shouldn’t this thread be in the ‘Bike’ forum?

rOcKeTdOg

cynic-al – Member
    One word:

FINGERBANG

s’2 words innit?

chakaping – Member

But thinking about it, I wouldn’t want to go where my mates had already been apart from to swap notes in the pub afterwards

I agree with everyone in this thread apart from this guy, who I hope never to find myself in a pub with.

ur into sloppy seconds? 😯

mandog

we need photo’s or she doesn’t exist.

timc
    Free Member

mboy,

1. what village do you live in?

2. is your sister next?

8)

mboy
    Free Member

As per usual, LOL @ TSY… A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and you sir, as seems to be the norm, have VERY little knowledge! 😉

PMSL @ psling… Comedy genius!

And I’m with chakaping, hoping not to find myself in the pub discussing things with roketdog after! “The Lad Bible” might be high brow reading for some people I’m sure, but personally I’m a little more evolved than that…

rossrobot
    Free Member

what andrewh said.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have never, ever fancied any of my close male friends’ GFs. Somehow, going out with any of my mates instantly makes them unattractive to me. Not saying they are unattractive, just that I don’t find them so.

I’ve fancied the GFs of blokes who are mates but not that close, or colleagues type thing. Someone you’d go for a pint with maybe but aren’t that close to.

I don’t think I’d ever end up with any of my close friend’s GFs/wives. Cos I don’t find them attractive, quite frankly. I’ve had mates’ GFs hit on me, but never succumbed. Just wrong, in’t it? You woon’t want it done to you.

As for the ‘sloppy seconds’ thing; well, apart from it being a horrible expression, I think there is an element of ‘territory’ here. Dunno if it’s a male thing or what, but I don’t think I’d ever be comfortable with someone I knew had bin intimate with any of my close male friends. It would just feel wrong. Course, at my age, anyone I’m intimate with won’t be ‘pure and untouched’, but I just think there’s a natural taboo with close friends.

Was in a situation a while ago, a couple I knew split up and I spent time with each of them afterwards as they were both friends, trying to help them though it. Was always closer to the woman than the bloke tbh (he was a friend of a friend but a good bloke), and there was a moment when something could have happened between us, but it never did, and tbh I’m quite happy about that, cos if such a thing had ever become known to him, then I’m sure he’d feel proper devastated and utterly betrayed.

I think the expression ‘don’t poo on yer own doorstep’ is quite an apt one here. You’ve got to consider the feelings of a friend. If it would mess them up and affect your friendship, then you have to consider that carefully. Lose a lifelong friend for a one-nighter? Is it worth it.

Course, this ain’t a simple issue at all, extremely complex, no simple answer. Spose if two people are gonna be together, then that can’t (and shoont) be stopped.

I know a mate of mine had a thing with an ex of mine, but I lost respect for him more that he wasn’t open and honest about it. Din’t have a problem with him seeing her; none of my business really tbh. Up to them. Had got to the point of mutual indifference with her anyway. He went down in my estimation, cos he din’t act with a great deal of dignity. I’duv respected him far more if he’d just bin open about it.

Spose if someone left you then ended up with one of yer mates, that could be a bugger to deal with.

Sigh.

No simple answer really is there?

No-one’s anyone else’s ‘property’ though. Married or not, it’s irrelevant. Everyone’s ultimately their own person and belongs only to themselves.

Woody
    Free Member

That’s actually rather sensible Elf.

I’ve been toying with a similar problem re contacting a mates ex-wife who wants to meet up. I haven’t seen either of them for nearly 16 years and they’ve been divorced for 15. I feel a touch guilty as I don’t think things were ever the same between them after I took him out for a drink and returned him a gibbering wreck who decorated the living room from floor to ceiling with kebab after I left 😳

On the other hand, she is absolutely delightful (or was last time I saw her) in all respects 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Woody, trust me you migh have been seen as a bad influence for a few weeks, but as soon as she was no longer with him, she’ll have totally forgotten about you even getting him drunk I the first place!

And Elf does indeed make some sensible points, trouble is like I say, I’ve had my fingers burnt before, having been dumped then my ex ended up with someone I knew, only a couple of months later. But to be fair, theyre still together now, and I’ve managed to almost completely move on, and rebuild my friendships there too.

flap_jack
    Free Member

only time I did this me and the mate never spoke about it. Until, one day apopro nothing, he said – “she’s a screamer, isn’t she”. Nothing more ever said.

She blimmin was, too…

brakes
    Free Member

I’m married to my mate’s ex, and he was best man at the wedding.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve managed to almost completely move on

Even an idiot could tell you that herein lies your problem.

Personally I don’t think you actually want to move on, you’ve presented us with several opportunities on this forum all of which you’ve failed to take. If you like these girls and you think they’ve got potential to help you be happy… go for it, go for them both…

mboy
    Free Member

Yes/no/maybe TSY. For once you actually have a point, but I can assure you I’ve wanted to move on for 6 months, for 5 months nearly it wasn’t happening but things have changed significantly in the last month for me for the better.

I’m certainly not averse to meeting new people if thats what you’re angling at, far from it actually.

postierich
    Free Member

Jesus are they all munters these days @ Uni that you are relying on sloppy seconds from mates Eeeek!

Junkyard
    Free Member

one of my brothers mates went out with a mates girlfriend after he dumped her becasue she refused to take it up the wrong un. They married and now have kids. I often wonder how they explain to the kids how they met.

wallop

‘ark at you lot!

Remember kids – these ladies were dumped for a reason! 😆

scruff
    Free Member

Sue_W
    Free Member

Nice comments guys 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sorry sueW i did not mean it in the usual “lad manner” used on here it was just an amusing story about dating a mates ex.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks Junkyard – response much appreciated.

TBH I nearly didn’t post anything as I just expected the usual flaming about ‘no sense of humour’ or ‘it’s your time of the month’, but the last few posts were just a bit much.

Occassionally it’s not particularly pleasant being a girl on STW 🙁

derekrides
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    There are 3.5billion women in the world, move on!

Car’s and girlfriends are things you should definately never ever ever EVER take 2nd hand off a mate.

Especially when they tell you your mate’s a better shag.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Occassionally it’s not particularly pleasant being a girl on STW

Sorry for adding to it.
    there are not enough females on here , you are right, and peole forget how blokey and “matey” it is on here

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Occassionally it’s not particularly pleasant being a girl on STW

TBH it’s often embarrassing being a bloke on here…

Ignoring the idiots for a moment;

I think a lot of it boils down to individual ego and insecurity really, the mates going out with your ex type thing. If you can’t have her, then another man shoon’t speshly a mate! That type of mentality.

Which is indicative of emotional immaturity, and the inability to deal with rejection/ending of relationships. Very difficult for many people to accept a relationship is ‘over’.

It helps to put distance between yourself and an ex. Physical, and especially mental. Not helpful if you still have feelings and they are in close proximity.

Car’s and girlfriends are things you should definately never ever ever EVER take 2nd hand off a mate.

Women aren’t material possessions like a car. They’re people. When you can figure this out, you may gain a better understanding of life, and yourself, and be better off as a result.

Woody
    Free Member

TBH it’s often embarrassing being a bloke on here…

Poor sensitive little lamb 😳

TBH there are a couple of posts above which are a bit near the knuckle (I really thought references to back doors had died a natural self-regulating death) but it’s been a fairly amusing light-hearted thread and I’m sure more input from a female perspective would have been appreciated and given a bit of balance.

Shame only emsz commented before it got a bit lad’ish.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Poor sensitive little lamb

Nah, just tired of dickhead comments that keyboard warriors woon’t make in public, that’s all. Thanks for your concern though, appreciated. 🙂

duckman

Have you thought about the following scenario…You are lying in bed having a post coital energy gel and the recently-split-up one snuggles up to you and tells you it was just like your mate….ONLY SMALLER…AND QUICKER

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My mate asked me if he could date my ex. It was about 18 months after we split up, I told him to go for it. They had a couple of dates and then he told me she’s hard work how did I ever manage 2 years with such a princess.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Women aren’t material possessions like a car. They’re people.

Everyday’s a school day. Elfy this forum would be a worse place without you if only the ‘dickhead… keyboard warriors’ were left.

staralfur
    Free Member

Through the headboard.

legend
    Free Member

When in doubt PIIHB

chakaping
    Free Member

Still not done anything mboy?

*shakes head sadly*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Poor sensitive little lamb

Ah of course if you mention it you get called names that helps

I’m sure more input from a female perspective would have been appreciated and given a bit of balance.

Yes I am sure your contribution has helped anyone who wants to speak out freely…who would not be encouraged by ridicule?

Woody
    Free Member

Eh!?

I think my contribution was self explanatory and I hardly think a good natured dig at Elf’s self appointed status of ‘monitor of good taste and discrimination’ will have put off any women from commenting, in fact

I’m sure more input from a female perspective would have been appreciated and given a bit of balance.

Shame only emsz commented before it got a bit lad’ish. is surely only +ve encouragement.

I haven’t felt obliged to apologise for any of my comments BTW. 8)

yossarian
    Free Member

Fairly typical degeneration tbh. Anything that involves women and relationships usually ends up with a bit of dick duelling over who can say the most childish thing.

My general rule of thumb is avoid your mate’s ex partners. Friendship is more important than a quick ego boost.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I haven’t felt obliged to apologise for any of my comments BTW.

Is that a dig yet?

I suspect you never had needed to apologise for anything you have ever done but I dont necessarily see this as a good thing …it is possible you, just like eflin, are always right though but unlikey 8)

I am sure we can all see where this is going now and I am out

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can’t imagine caring if the ex wasn’t a long term relationship, and even so I would hope my reason and sense would overcome my initial feeling of irriation. +1 for the life’s too short bunch.

ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 for this also.

As for the degeneration into the depths that it has, I can only agree that it’s a bit pathetic but wholely expected. And not limited to mainly-men forums – it works both ways. Shockingly it seems that there’s a variation of views on all forums and with both sexes…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Mates and their ex GF's…’ is closed to new replies.