Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marin or Llandegla??
  • Bernaard
    Free Member

Heading out for a billy no mates head clearing ride tomorrow to use up the last of my leave days for 2010.

Really fancy the Marin again, but thinking of the worst i.e. crashing.
    I know that if I head to Degla that someone will find me, but have done it loads lately prior to the snow.

Does anyone know what the conditions are like on the Marin? Also phone signal?

The wife will know where I am heading and what time I should be back.
    So should be ok, as I like the ‘out there’ feeling that the Marin gives.

Thoughts??

RustySpanner

Conwy mountain for a change?

Up from Aber to Llyn Anafon. Then back down the way you came to the junction, turn right onto the North Wales Path then left at the signpost down through the gorse to Llanfairfechan?
    Can head over the mountain and make a mega loop from there if you fancy it.

Certainly beats flogging through the forest!

Bernaard
    Free Member

Was going to limit myself to Betws-y-Coed, as I am heading from Warwickshire.

One for the future though Ta

ampthill

Penmachno

People who have done both seem to prefer it. (I’ve not done all the Marin). I think its great. But its not that busy….

saxabar
    Free Member

Penmachno is definitely the better of the two. There’s also good riding to be found heading out from Capel Curig. In answer to your question about phone signal, I get a strong signal with Orange on the Marin trail.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Have done Penmachno and the Marin plenty of times.

I do prefer Penmachno, but seeing as I am on my own, I am taking the easier, but longer option seeing as its the first training ride of 2011 for Keilder later in the year.

Want to keep it simple and not go trail searching as I have to be back at a reasonable time.

Whats the Vodafone signal like?
    Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marin or Llandegla??’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM