Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Many kids off on Thursday due to the strike?
  • neninja
    Free Member

Both boys off school as it’s closed.

bruneep

both ours are off, cause we’re bad parents and have taken them out of school to go on holiday to save £6.

8)

RichPenny
    Free Member

I suppose to reinforce it further perhaps all the teachers should nominate which other Govt funded sector should have their budget cut to allow them to carry on as before

At a guess, they’d vote for the political sector? 😆

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Cool- anarchy in the uk!!- gets my vote

bullheart
    Free Member

And happily hand back anything the unions win for you or go to work, even if there are no kids.

No. We’re not allowed on site, actually. Suggestions?

If you’re not on strike, you must be working, no?

Definitely.

Mainly climbing using an 32:18 ratio on the 29er.

donsimon
    Free Member
    bullheart
    Free Member

Be more specific. I’m only a simple PE teacher…

bullheart
    Free Member

Right. So you link four separate posts to the previous page, but can’t expand on your reasons for doing so.

Help me out here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

suppose to reinforce it further perhaps all the teachers should nominate which other Govt funded sector should have their budget cut to allow them to carry on as before

War. The money wasted in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya would make a big difference. The money thats going to be wasted on the completely useless macho posturing that is trident replacement etc etc.

Politicians pensions being reduced to what the teachers have now might help as well.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Over 40 minutes for the first anti- war mention- I am disappointed in you lot 😉

jonb
    Free Member

I blame Gordon Brown

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ie there wasnt enough money set aside because in general people are living longer etc etc

this is wrong as well – or at least there is no liability on the taxpayer as a result of the recent changes negotiated and accepted to the pension fund – any future shortfalls will come from increased employee contributions.

johnners
    Free Member

there wasnt enough money set aside because in general people are living longer etc etc

“etc etc” wouldn’t include your employer choosing to take a Contribution Holiday and trousering the cash would it, by any chance?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

johnners- not at all- I was a partner in the firm and they had a huge issue with funds looking forward that would have sent the company under- in fact they had to sideline a huge percentage of the partners profit for several years to get it under control

Tj- isnt the increased contributions part of the reason for the strike action?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

And the Union and College Union. Many of us are in the same pension scheme as the teachers.

UCU aren’t out on Thursday are they?

Oh, just seen, it’s just the post ’92niversities

dmjb4
    Free Member

Didn’t only 1/3 of teachers actually vote for the strike? Seems a shame to take out a pay dispute on innocent kids, given that the whole country is having to tighten its belt at the moment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Didn’t only 1/3 of teachers actually vote for the strike? Seems a shame to take out a pay dispute on innocent kids, given that the whole country is having to tighten its belt at the moment.

So much nonsense in so few words.

And you think this is about a “pay dispute” do you dmjb4 ? Did you pay so little attention at school too ?

Loving the “innocent kids” reference btw ……. truly these evil teachers are just monsters.

miketually
    Free Member

Didn’t only 1/3 of teachers actually vote for the strike? Seems a shame to take out a pay dispute on innocent kids, given that the whole country is having to tighten its belt at the moment

The “turnout” was better than for the AV referendum, and a much bigger proportion votes yes to strike action than voted no to AV. Yes, this is only 1/3 of teachers and that was a resounding no vote…

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Many kids off on Thursday due to the strike?’ is closed to new replies.