Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Manx 100 fully rigid – daft or no, what say stw?
  • marvincooper

As per title, I have one MTB, a fully rigid 29er. With 2.2 tyres it’s great on my local trails but these are lacking in gnar. Not fussed about a suss fork for my normal riding but the Manx is nothing like my normal riding…. Anyone on here done it or know the terrain – whaddya reckon?

Shred
    Free Member

I would say it’s not a good idea, but then I ride a FS. It is quite rocky and technical, so I suppose it depends on what you can take.

fasthaggis

People do it on CX bikes,don’t they?

maxray
    Free Member

I did it on an old spesh rockhopper hardtail. You will be fine! The Manup queue is over there.. 🙂

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I did it on a CX. Go for it and do it old skool style!

Clink

I did it on my Stooge and ss last year. Well, I managed 60 miles then weather and lack of training took its toll! It’s rocky in places and I found 29+ front helped. This year I thinking of gears.

Hopefully weather won’t be as ‘epic’ as 2015…

adsh
    Free Member

Long, fast and rough (as in rubble) descents. One descent has rocks the size of old computer monitors and breeze blocks that used most of the travel of my 100mm forks.

Kahurangi

I did the 100 km on my mega over-biked gnarpoon. Would have been absolutely super fine on a hardtail but I don’t ride fully rigid. Once descent was quite chunky but that was over with quite quickly.

marvincooper

Cheers folks, man up seems to be the way to go 🙂 Might look and see if a 29+ tyre will fit the fork mind.

jonnyrockymountain

Stick some good size grippy tyres (2.4’s) in there at about 22psi tubeless and you’ll be fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Manx 100 fully rigid – daft or no, what say stw?’ is closed to new replies.