Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Manchester Racers – Mid week race series returns
  • Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Back for its third year. First 2 rounds up on BC website, 31st May and 14 June.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/mtb/article/mtb20120501–Midweek-MTB-Madness-2012-0

At least 3 more dates/venues to be added in next 2 weeks.

Same format as last year – race slightly longer by a lap. New course to start the series and second round course different again. All types of bike welcome. Youths min age 15) to grand vets welcome. Some fast lads…..some just out for a potter.

Laid back feel, full BC support, changing/toilet facilites – lap will be around 8/9 mins.

EOL or online.

Duggan

Nice, I’ll look into this I think..

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

pre entry closes tomorrow – first race Thursday. Rounds 3 & 4 up on web with 5 & 6 to follow.

Should be dry and a lorra fun. 😀

justatheory
    Free Member

Cheers for the reminder, I wanted to do this last year but forgot.

elizag
    Free Member

Helped out at some of these events last year.

Really well organised with a chilled out atmosphere. Perfect for someone wanting to try MTB racing for the first time. Would recommend!

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I have been debating trying a race. This might be just the sort of thing to get me started. I assume baggies and no previous racing experience are welcome?

Duggan

I signed up for this yesterday 🙂

I have no previous racing experience whatsoever and will just be turning up in baggies, on my budget hardtail.

Any tips from any previous racers? Do I need to do anything other than turn up with my bike and a few spares etc?

I’ll just be getting the train up to Bolton from Manchester and then riding to the venue I think.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Full calendar:

Thursday 31st May – Leverhulme Park, Bolton
    Thursday 14th June – Leverhulme Park, Bolton
    Wednesday 27th June – Clayton Vale Park, Manchester
    Thursday 12th July – Chorlton Water Park, Manchester
    Thursday 26th July – Chorlton Water Park, Manchester
    Thursday 9th August – Boggart Hole Clough, Manchester

You won’t be the only one, there was a motley collection last year from this:

To this:

I’m covering these again this year, at least some of them. Lots more here

elizag
    Free Member

No experience needed! Just turn up and have a go. Plenty of baggy short wearers last year as well as lycra clad racing snakes but anything goes. A water bottle and spare tube is all you need!

elizag
    Free Member

Oh, and a helmet obviously! 😉

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Round 2 tomorrow folks.

Could well be dry, different course.

Over 60 riders last time.

Report here…

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/mtb/article/mtb20120607–Manchester-Mid-Week-Madness-Round-1–Leverhulme-Bolton-0

Vortexracing

all set here, see you tomoz

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

And im still waiting for the results list from nearly 2 weeks ago…

joolsc
    Free Member

Ha, that’s me in the first pic, was at the first race this year but missed the start. Will be back tomorrow and for the rest of the series, it’s worth just turning up and having a go, nothing too heavy at all.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

fluxhutchinson – Member

And im still waiting for the results list from nearly 2 weeks ago…

Results been with BC since event finished, not sure why they are still not on and I will continue to chase.

Full results been on facebook for a while (Manchester Mid week madness group). If you e mail me I can give you full lap times as well.

You only had to ask 🙂

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Pics from last night are up on the BC Flickr page. Click the pick for more.

They can also be purchased HERE

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Cool, photo’s. I have had two showers since last night and still stink of the river you had to cross, maybe a dead animal is in the bottom festering. Great course and great racing. 😀

Vortexracing

I have had two showers since last night and still stink of the river you had to cross

ditto 🙁

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Thanks KKF – I only got liberally splashed by sitting too close and it stank.

See you all next time.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Margin are you jason? is that the email on the midweek madness BC page i need to email for lap times? Missed round 2 due 2 crack in frame 🙁

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

MarginWalker is jason and his email is on bcf. My name is also jason and am in the second photo above with number two on it. Margin races for the same team as well just to add some more confusion! 😆 Oh and I can still smell that river,must be in my pores!

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Mr tonge?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Yep, who’s fluxhutchinson?

rhbrhb
    Free Member

hoping to get to both chorlton rounds.

Bolt

Ha, ha
    Cheers Handsomedog, thats me in the Pic sprinting to the finish

Was a great. Race, will, be at the next ones, good to have some local racing.

Bolt

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Results up on facebook group – will be up on BC site soon (hopefully)

Another fantastic race and a few new faces. Rain held off and over 60 riders again. Back to Clayton Vale for round 3 then onto the water park.

See you there.

(flux…..drop us e mail for full lap splits)

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Round 3 tomorrow…..original course at Clayton Vale (behind the velodrome) with a different layout.

Should be dry tomorrow evening.

See y’all there 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Racers – Mid week race series returns’ is closed to new replies.