Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Man Utd played some football against another club
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh get over yerself Loddrik. LFC, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal owe any recent success to being global ‘brands’. The gate money at Anfield doesn’t even cover the weekly wage bill for the first 11! How do you think Liverpool and other clubs are able to survive in the modern game?

With your model, Liverpool would be little more than a 4th division club at best. Accept that you don’t have the monopoly on calling yourself a fan. Liverpool’s as much ‘my’ club as it is ‘yours’. I thought it was ‘ours’, tbh, but obviously you have other ideas.

Famous Local Liverpudlians:

loddrik
    Free Member

I am sure liverpools future is in safe hands knowing they can count on supporters like yourself. I guess there are us scouse Liverpool supporters, the ones who lost friends and relatives at hillsborough who are too narrow minded and parochial, and ‘true’ or ‘real’ supporters like yourself who are lfc to the core.

Me, well I am obviously not worthy….

iDave
    Free Member

we are indoctrinated, we never got that choice

hahahaaahaha

did you not get a choice when you grew up or is that day still in the future? you’re just keeping alive certain stereotypes about scousers…..

loddrik
    Free Member

you’re just keeping alive certain stereotypes about scousers…..

Nope, there are enough of those on here already.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Loddrik, don’t take my comments out of context please. And bringing up Hillsborough is low. Why? To prove you’re a more ‘worthy’ fan than anyone else? That’s out of order. Bang out of order.

My point is, as you well know, that LFC is successful because of it’s widespread appeal and brand. All that money for new signings etc comes from it’s merchandising and from corporate investment. Even from plastic fans like me, buying shirts, DVDs etc. Every tiny bit helps, no?

You’re out of order mate. Me, I see all fans as having solidarity with one another. You’re just insular and jingoistic.

Using the deaths of others to prove a point. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The 96 people who lost their lives at Hillsborough, they might not have been people I knew, or relatives of mine, but they were fellow LFC fans, and Human Beings.

Junkyard
    Free Member

loddrick you speak of a time long gone in football. Perhaps there was a time when only scousers played and supported pool and mach city and Utd and they all headed down from the docks stopping at the pub on the way but this is no longer the case. You may dislike the modern football iand the modern fan but this is how it is.
    The only thing I find odd is seeing kids up north [even in Blackburn ] with Arsenal and Chelsea tops. At least glory hunt to the nearest Premiership team, family ties aside.
    Man U fan from just outside Manchester but since the 70’s. not been for years but do go to wigan, bolton and Rovers as easy to get tickets…sometime seven support home team all good. I doubt Gerrard would stay at Liverpool if they could not match wages of elsehwere and I am certain he loves the team. Just how it is.

I see all fans as having solidarity with one another

I would be more confinced if you dod not refer to me as scum and manure because I support another team seems ever so tribal and pointless to me. Suppose loddrick takes this to new levels hating other teams and most of his own teams fans too. No need for a hillsborough reference either.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

everyone knows how to identify a proper liverpool fan – the massive chip on his shoulder and the inability to accept blame

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the inability to accept blame

For what?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anything ever that they are part of

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks a lot OP.

I nearly forgot about the footy tonight-great reminder!

😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not hillsboro and heysel before that kicks off again

loddrik
    Free Member

Elfin safety, if you dont like my views, tough, and don’t go precious on me about something that you watched on tv, I can use the experience as I, and several others I know, were affected first hand or at the game itself. Again, it’s shows the gulf between how you think things are or should be and the way they actually are. You have no connection to the tragedy suffered by the club and city, merely an empathy with ‘lfc’ supporters and humans in general. You have no idea what you are talking about, so dont try and adopt the moral highground. The city was deeply affected by those events, not Liverpool fans, but scousers, everton fans. And you are an idiot if you think otherwise. And I can categorically say that had you indeed been from this city, you would know exactly what I mean and my contempt at your faux outrage!!!!

Ps. Utd are the scum.

Pps, ask a manc what he thinks of lfc, you are a fool if you think they are held in any higher regard.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I would be more confinced if you dod not refer to me as scum and manure because I support another team

It was in response to the ‘Bin Dippers’ reference, and meant in a light hearted manner as footie ‘banter’. ‘The Scum’ is a name that the of many clubs use against Man U. No, it’s not very nice, but neither is ‘Bin Dippers’. If you are so concerned, then please feel free to go to Old Trafford and tell the Man U fans not to sing ‘Sing on, Sign on, with pen in your hand, and you’ll never get a job’ whenever they play Liverpool…

everyone knows how to identify a proper liverpool fan – the massive chip on his shoulder and the inability to accept blame

I can’t be a proper fan, as I’ve already said they were shite today! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

not hillsboro and heysel before that kicks off again

Ah ok, there I was thinking you were spouting shite again. Still interested in hearing your examples though.

loddrik
    Free Member

Racing Ralph – cock…?

iDave
    Free Member

Ps. Utd are the scum.

Ps. Utd are the scum another club with overseas players and owners, who survive by selling nylon shirts to grownups and having fans in Beijing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Loddrik, stop digging mate. You’re out of order. Don’t try justifying it.

I was having a bit of banter with you over your jingoism, and you bring up Hillsborough. No need for that mate. Yeah, right, so you’re from Liverpool blah blah blah etc. So what? Why have such a problem with someone else supporting ‘your’ team?

Fortunately the club itself is happy to have me as a member of the official supporters’ club. Think I’ll go with what the club itself says, rather than you, if it’s all the same.

who survive by selling nylon shirts

Polyester. 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

But don’t claim to be more outraged than people who lived through the after effects of hillsborough. It sad, pathetic and just makes you look like your trying too hard.

Do you think people in this city vew the tragedy as ‘the Scottish play’? Don’t be so ridiculous!

I hear the LFC team shop calling you….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But don’t claim to be more outraged than people who lived through the after effects of hillsborough.

Where did I do that?

It sad, pathetic and just makes you look like your trying too hard.

Quite….

loddrik
    Free Member

🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In fairness loddrik, bringing it up in the first place was the sad and pathetic thing to do.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you are so concerned, then please feel free to go to Old Trafford and tell the Man U fans not to sing ‘Sing on, Sign on, with pen in your hand, and you’ll never get a job’ whenever they play Liverpool…

I can only lead by example and not join in with this pathetic tribal banter. You like footie i do we support different teams…makes me think we have mor ein common than not? Like cycling you ride a different bike from me, perhaps you do trail centre etc but we still have mor ein common than not and I se eyou more as a kindred spirit than scum, bin licker whatever.
    Yes loddrick living only in the south east of kent I have never lived in manc, met one, been to a game so yes then all mancs must share your level of bitterness and hatred towards you as you do them …thanks for the heads up…useful if I ever get to go there 🙄
    I am sure you think Munich was a tragedy just as much as I do Hillsborough ?I wonder if you will jump in the whole so blatantly placed before you?

But don’t claim to be more outraged than people who lived through the after effects of hillsborough.

WTF are you on about ?

loddrik
    Free Member

No, not at all, I stand by it I’m afraid. But again, I’m a scouser so what would I know.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeebus. Brick wall. Head. It’s just hurting.

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes I can see that in your posts.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Nice thread. Naaaat.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I se eyou more as a kindred spirit than scum, bin licker whatever.

It’s ‘Bin Dipper‘. 😀 Soz, no real offence meant, I accept it’s not very nice, but it’s part of supporters’ banter at games and that. Like when I was in a pub in London, watching another Chelsea/Liverpool game, and the (small) group of Chelsea fans started singing ‘In Your Liverpool Slum’. Amusing, seeing as hardly any of us were actually from Liverpool! They weren’t singing anything later on though. 😈 And one lad who actually was a Scouser, said, ‘ear yer go la, enjoy it, I’ve spent all me giro on that’, and gave one of the Chelsea lads a pint! Raised a giggle. Was all pretty good natured really, although someone did scrawl ‘Clive is a Brummie Batty Boy’ on the bog wall. Clive was one of the Chelsea lads, who apparently came from Birmingham. I have no idea of his sexuality.

WTF are you on about ?

I meant all LFC fans. I was wrong, obviously…

loddrik
    Free Member

This thread has run it course now surely? In summary for the people who can’t be arsed reading, I don’t like southerners or the scum and am probably small minded and maybe even bigoted. I reckon I’ll sleep well tonight though…

Junkyard
    Free Member

that was a defence of you against loddrick claiming you were claiming to be more outraged about Hillsborough etc that was all I could see of you referring to this and it did not claim outrage or more than anyon else. I agree with your sentiment but you should extend it to all footie fans

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t like southerners or the scum and am probably small minded and maybe even bigoted

No, really? I would never’ve guessed… 🙄

loddrik
    Free Member

Punctuation…?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I agree with your sentiment but you should extend it to all footie fans

Oh right I see, of course.

I don’t have a problem with anyone who likes football. I play it regularly(tomoz night woohoo!), and am passionate about LFC. I just don’t like the insular and narrow-mindedness displayed by Loddrik, as that’s the kind of attitude behind hate and hooliganism.

Loddrik; tbh I’m saddened by your attitude. I’m only reassured by the fact that the vast majority of Liverpool fans don’t share your narrow mindedness.

Anyway, YNWA.

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t be saddened, you don’t know me and you’ll never meet me so why should you give a toss? We are different, that is all, and it takes all sorts of people to make a society so I wouldn’t let it bother you…

These are my views on this subject but I’m sure there are plenty of others we could argue about 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

you don’t know me and you’ll never meet me so why should you give a toss?

What a depressing attitude. 🙁

That even though we share the love for a footie team, you can’t see past your bigotry.

Very limiting don’t you think?

TheMooMonkey
    Free Member

Well this thread started badily and didnt get much better did it?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

#
    loddrik – Member

Racing Ralph – cock…?
    Posted 8 hours ago # Report-Post

No thanks yours is probably manky!! oh and i am not gay 🙂

ditch_jockey

Wow – loddrick is a real live stereotype! Do you have the perm and the ‘tache as well?

I always thought Boris Johnson was an insensitive cock for his comments about Liverpudlians a few years back – you’ve just proved his point for him fairly emphatically.

loddrik
    Free Member

Wow , that’s powerful, a real body blow there, your words will likely stay with me for a long time….. 🙄

I’m sure everyone will have their moralistic say, but on the matters I have discussed, if you ain’t from this city, your views just ain’t relevant to me.

And btw, boris is a privileged toff who knows nothing about what goes on up here so his comments are what you would expect from a rich southern Tory. He also made some very valid points that I agree with, we do have a chip on our shoulder, we maybe feel sorry for ourselves, but you need to have a connection to the city and it’s people to understand why.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Loddrik – People don’t actually think like you do they? This is a wind-up isn’t it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, I sort of think it could have been a wind up. Which I fell for. I can’t quite believe someone could be that insular. Especially from Liverpool.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd played some football against another club’ is closed to new replies.