• This topic has 41 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Man flu cures
  • doordonot
    Free Member

Having had snot-fests and throaty-snot coughs the three weeks up to beginning of December when I had to concede that I didn’t have my usual autumn/winter cough, I saw the doc. However she said I was getting better and wouldn’t prescribe me antibiotics but instead to get some co-codamol. She also signed me off work for a week, saying that people these days have this mentality that taking a day or two off work is more than enough rest when it isn’t.

Fast-fwd four weeks to yesterday, after a Christmas break in which I mostly had no appetite and the level of enthusiasm for life on a par with zoo caged animals, I saw the same doc again yesterday cos I still wasn’t feeling great and she confirmed I’ve got chronic sinusitis and has prescribed me antibiotics and a chest x-ray for good measure. So with that in mind, back to the OP’s subject: in the last six weeks I have tried: Potters cough syrup, Actifed, BronchoStop (which has nothing to do with horses), every known type of sudafed, some kind of sea water saline nasal spray, ibuprofen, paracetamol, co-codamol, store brand decongestants and several packets of Strepsils. None of them worked in a way that left me feeling ready to take on the world again. And the combined side-effects of some of them have been interesting.

Then someone gave me a hot toddy: whiskey, lemon, ginger and hot water and it’s the only potion which really left me feeling better, if only long enough to get some sleep at night.

gonzy
    Free Member

THe best thing to do is put one index finger in your mouth, the other index finger up your jacksie,

i read somewhere you need to swap fingers halfway through! 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Man flu cures’ is closed to new replies.