Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mallorca in May – too hot for road riding?
  • geoffj

Soooo – with one thing and another, my March/April roadie trip to Mallorca isn’t going to happen. I could still make time to go in may, but concerned it’ll be too warm. Whaddya think?

*and yes, I know when and where Le Tour takes place – but I’m a Scottish acclaimatised biffer who glows a lot in the mildest of heats.

Tia as always

Drac

Average temp seems to be about 17c so probably not.

tlr

Went mid May last year, temps between 25 and 35. Perfect for me. May be less so for you by the sounds of it.

Average temps should be a fair bit lower than that though, so who knows?

geoffj

When I was there on April last year, it was warming up – I guess 1st half of the month and early morning rides with the afternoon by the pool should be OK.

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

Just get out early before it heats up too much.

LardLover
    Free Member

I was over there last August. Went out on a couple of big rides with the guys from Pro Cycle Hire shop in Puerto Pollensa. I was worried about cycing in the heat in August, especially with my white northern skin, but it was fine. It was a couple of 100km rides. Just had to remember to drink lots and regularly.

I’m sure you be ok in May.

I’m off there at the end of April for a weeks worth of cycling, sans family.

Can’t wait 😉

😳

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’m in Pollensa from 16th for 10 days and expect it to get up to 25 at best. Going in May will be fine, you can always go up into the mountains if its hot. The resorts start to liven up a little then too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’ll be fine…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca in May – too hot for road riding?’ is closed to new replies.