Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Magura Menjas: will hitting stuff locked out kill the forks?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Recently purchased some Magura Menjas secondhand.

Does anyone know whether I will damage the internals on the Menjas if they sustain large impacts when locked out? Just wondering in case I forget to turn off the lockout…

My Rockshox Toras had a lockout where if you hit something big the fork would still compress slightly and the internals would not be damaged.

poppa
    Free Member

Desperation bump.

jim
    Free Member

Nothing in the manual about it:

http://www.magura.com/uploads/media/downloads/suspension2000_E.pdf

I can't say I use the lockout much on mine, never really feel the need.

poppa
    Free Member

Well, unfortunately I need to get out of the saddle for some climbs we do on our group rides. I tend to lock out at the moment but usually forget to switch back afterwards…

BigJohn

When I sent them back for service they came back without the lockout working. I'm glad really. It never did anything to help, but I would often get to the bottom of a bumpy bit and find I'd left them locked out.

mr_stru

I've battered mine down chunks of afan with the lockout on and no damage done so I'd not worry too much. Not sure I'd want to do it all the time but I'd guess that the odd time is ok.

If you're worried ask on the magura forums as they seem to be fairly helpful over there.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

never had any probs with mine and i'm no lightweight. also very easy to strip and service. somewhere i have a very good servicing manual, like the ones that rs do, if you want me to email it over drop me a line.

RicB

Why don't you just call Magura and ask them? 01530 414142

topangarider
    Free Member

Got a set of these upgraded from some '03 MX Comp Eta's. Found I don't use the lockout for climbs like I did on the ETA as they lock out extended not compressed. Bloody good forks tho'.

Can't help with the opener tho'!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Magura Menjas: will hitting stuff locked out kill the forks?’ is closed to new replies.