Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Madison Flux trousers review
  • singletrackross

Apart from the small pockets I can’t fault the Madison Flux trousers. They’re properly comfortable to wear and perform well on the bike.

By singletrackross

Get the full story on our front page at:

Madison Flux trousers review

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

zerocool

Any recommendations for trousers similar to these that fit the gentleman with bigger thighs?

hatter

As a man with mahoosive thighs I find the XXL ones fit me just fine.

oldfart

Have to disagree about the fit around the ankle , I ordered a pair , they definitely have excess material that could potentially get caught in the chainring if like me you are still running a 2 X drivetrain .

sharkattack

Any recommendations for trousers similar to these that fit the gentleman with bigger thighs?

The Madison Roam looks similar but different. I’m tempted by both. I’ve got some very similar Fox trousers which these look like a copy of and they’re my favourite bit of kit.

benp1

The Alpkit mtb troos are cut baggier in the thighs

zerocool

Cheers @Ben P, will look at the Alpkit ones. @hatter, my main problem is usually if I get a pair that’s big enough for my thighs they’re too big for my waist (which isn’t that small).

mahalo

they look well too flappy at the cuff. expect double flappage when wet too. can you still buy cycle clips!?

hatter

Obviously I’m not everyone but if the cuffs were any tighter on mine I wouldn’t be able to get my feet through them, there’s no chance of getting them caught on the chain.

hooli

Endura? I have a couple of pairs of different models and they are generous in the thigh.

IdleJon

Endura? I have a couple of pairs of different models and they are generous in the thigh.

And typical of Endura, my medium Endura trousers are fine around the waist but a little tight around the thigh. 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Whats the leg length like per sizing? I’m proportionally short above the waist for my height (read that how you will) and getting trousers long enough for my waist size can be a real pain (32W/34L)

Altura used to make trousers with a pop-down hem to gain those essential extra 2″ on a medium size. But no-one else seems to.

ads678

gentleman with bigger thighs?

yep thats me. I’ve got these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/all-mountain-mtb-bottoms/_/R-p-309674 buy 2 pairs as they’re well cheap.

I can’t fault them, I’m sure someone will be along to do just that in a minute but for the money I think they are great. Comfy, pretty waterproof, not too sweaty, look pretty decent I(MO) & Cheap.

joefm

My legs are pretty normal and have never noticed them being baggy around the ankles.
    Still dont understand why the pockets are so small though. my other trousers pockets are similar. not sure why.

benp1

@ir_bandito – I’m a 32w 34l too. Alpkit floe troos in medium long is OK (their other stuff is generally too short). Keela roadrunners OK too. Haglofs troos also good. Everything else is much more mixed

ir_bandito
    Free Member

thanks @benp1
    I’ve got some Revolution Nordwand Pro trousers which are really nice, although a bit snug on the knee for anything above a low-profile pad. They have a lace-hook to stop them riding up too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Madison Flux trousers review’ is closed to new replies.