Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Machine Head
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

About 450 other people and I saw Machine Head last night. I’ve been pretty much speechless all day. Best gig/performance/show/thing of my life, by far.

Tinnitus, bruises, blindness… check.

Had to share. Shit sound, not my video.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqkUROc8fE[/video]

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

You just can’t beat a bit of full on head banging!

Tell them next time to apologise for nicking their name from one of the best rock albums ever. Cheeky bar stewards!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

What, that **** Deep Purple one? 😆

Gerroff.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Yeah, they’ve always been amazing live. I’ve missed the last couple of tours unfortunately. First time I saw them was Donington 95 (which was also my first mosh pit!)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ever since hearing Davidian on a Kerrang cd about 15 years ago, i’ve been in awe of them. Then Imperium & Locust & Halo it’s pretty incredible how consistently magnificent they are.

Drums.

6.50 onwards in that video. For why.

seavers
    Free Member

Retro.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Poor singer has a sore throat but credit to him he carried on.

stumpy01

Not seen them for years, but one of my favourite metal bands.

Saw them at the London Astoria years ago and just as they started, all the main speakers went down. They carried on for about 30s before realising, then stomped around loads.
    Rob Flynn came out with crates of Budweiser (I know, but I expect that was all they had to hand!) and started throwing cans of it into the crowd to appease everyone.

I think when it started again about 5 mins later it went even more nuts because everyone was mega hyped-up!!

wiggles
    Free Member

seen them twice but about 5 years since the last time. Absolutely incredible live.

Northwind

Wasn’t bad eh? Bit fewer people than last time I saw ’em, at sonisphere… Brilliant crowd too, there were people jumping around back at the bar 😆 And unusually few **** in the pit. I miss the covers section though 🙁

Still not a fan of their newer stuff though, especially since all the songs are 20 minutes long… Could’ve played the entire of Burn My Eyes in the time it took to do Killers and Kings!

PS, Robb Flynn is youthing.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Wish if seen them when they were doing burn my eyes. I bet they’re on a par with Pantera during their vulgar display period.

I’ve seen a lot of metal bands, and Pantera at Poole arts centre crap over them all.

prawny

Machine head peaked at the cover of ‘Hard Times’ nu metal finished them off, didn’t even realise they were still going. Will have to check out the newer stuff.

Ahh pantera, saw them at wolves civic on the reinventing the steel tour, 2nd worst album, but if they hadn’t made it I’d have never seen them.

hatter

Cracking live band, lat time I saw them they had Hatebreed along as support.

It was quite a lively one, basically the ultimate disco for large tattooed men in shorts.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Got to tick Mastodon, Dimmu and Tool now.

Must say, I find it interesting how derivative Slipknot were, looking back.

Northwind

If you want to capture the Tool live experience, listen to an album while looking at a photo of the band.

prawny – Member

Machine head peaked at the cover of ‘Hard Times’ nu metal finished them off, didn’t even realise they were still going. Will have to check out the newer stuff.

Early signs are that the next album’s going to suck balls tbh. Good news if you’re Avenged Sevenfold though.

Think MH are long past their best, but that’s OK when your best was so very besty. I remember Barras gigs that were just phenomenal (not to mention, about 20 songs long…) but that was still a fantastic gig. And it’s cool that it’s not a nostalgia trip.

I think they were the first “new” band I ever got into, all my early metal stuff was playing catchup on stuff I’d missed, til Burn My Eyes. Which is playing now and if it came out today would make just about every modern metal band get jobs in Tesco.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I love their new stuff because without their old stuff I’d probably still be stuck thinking Mudvayne was what metal was.

Blackening/locust are my Burn My eyes / Burning Red.

Different generations Innit, you’re the one above me Northwind.

I expect to feel the same when I see In Flames as the Black Ash Inheritance era was mine as versus the modern stuff.

Northwind

cfinnimore – Member

Different generations Innit, you’re the one above me

Possibly 2 mate 🙁 Blackening is bloomin awesome though.

kimbers

I won a competition to go on tour with machine head in Europe in about 1994ish

theyd dropped a golden ticket out of some ballons at astoria, mustve been NYE?

trouble was i just thought id found a sticker till i read the message on the back on the train home 🙁

saw them supporting Slayer once a brixton 😈

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Love blackening and locust, saw them at Brixton on the blackening tour, absolutely incredible.

Missed out on tickets by an hour for the Concorde2 gig, absolutely gutted!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Machine Head’ is closed to new replies.