Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 352 total)
  • machete attack in woolwich london (bbc news atm)
  • zokes
    Free Member

Like most terrorist incidents, the conspiracy theories are beginning

No matter what cmd says, as horrific as it was, it was murder, not terrorism.

alpin
    Free Member

I’m saddened by this.

firstly for the guy’s family. his parents, his little one and his missus.

I’m saddened that a guy seemingly from London, a city that I grew up in and have many fond memories of, should have committed this act. why did he think it was necessary? what happened in his life that turned him into a deranged devil?

I’m saddened by the vile hatred spouted by people. I’m saddened that some of these people have taken out upon them selves to do so via Facebook. I’m concerned that some of them arte also family.

I read some comments last night and replied. many of my replies have since been removed (was informing my “family” that their comments were a little too EDL for my liking- my return visit in October should be fun!). I was surprised at the language used.

I saw the video of the guy with his bloodied hands rambling into the camera. I’m not happy with the fact that almost every UK newspaper chose to carry such a vivid picture on their front page. the headline on the Sun is quite worrying.

in the long run I fear for the health of UK society.

there are no winners in this. and if we are not careful about our response there will be only one loser, society.

alpin
    Free Member

My new phones predictive text is rubbish.

alpin
    Free Member

My new phones predictive text is rubbish.

pingu66
    Free Member

Firstly I have not read the entire thread and I am away at the present time so cannot follow this entirely.

That said I think the most important thing that can happen is we all show our deepest sympathies and regret to the tragic passing of Lee Rigby. Wether as a soldier, a son a father or a husband, simply a tragic loss. The whole situation we are in now brings tears to my eyes.

Too many people are fighting for “religious” causes. I know many Muslims and they are all without exception appalled by what is happening. Equally I am appalled by the reactions of the EDL etc. We should all be able to live peaceably together.

These individuals are not terrorists, at best they have been manipulated by someone more intelligent than they are who has led them to committing this crime.

I notice the security forces were straight on the bandwagon last night. Wasting no time in telling us that this demonstrates the essential need to monitor everyone’s emails, mobile phones and social media use.

These murderers were known to the security forces however they still manged to carry out this murder so I do not see how monitoring us more closely will make us safer.

Apologies but the whole thing saddens me that there are likely to be repercussions by idiots in the EDL etc and only inflame the fear and hatred from both sides thus perpetuating the lies.

rossi46
    Free Member

there are no winners in this. and if we are not careful about our response there will be only one loser, society.

This. Ive heard some disturbing talk among people locally, people who are normally impartial. I do fear for the future.

And yes this was a heinous barbaric murder. The label of terrorism may just fan the flames of hatred.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Say what you like about the EDL, but they did sort our house out with a great value energy tariff.

chewkw
    Free Member

paddy0091 – Member

LIVELEAK (NSFW) footage of the scum being shot.

I wonder if they used Glock to take them down … ❓

The stopping power seem very good with the 1st guy being shot 3 times I think …

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I simply cannot believe nobody tried to “rush” the guys. I’m not saying that I would have done it, but it has happened before where civilians risk their lives in horrible situations. I’m reminded of John Smeaton who fought the attempted bombers at Glasgow airport several years ago for example.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

I can believe they didnt rush them for several reasons

there were 2 of them
    they were quite large and youngish
    they had just shown what they were capable of
    in an open place so no chance of sneaking up on them
    possibly mentally deranged
    their body language and demeanor looked confident
    oh and well armed with knifes and a handgun

Well done to the armed police and the people who developed their training and tactics it all paid off in this incident.

wrightyson
    Free Member

He got pretty damn close before bring dropped! And yes I was glad to see the **** squirming round in pain on the floor!

retro83
    Free Member

Anyone see this?

Nasty sod.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22650053

paddy0091
    Free Member

I cannot believe this country, allowing people with his (^ Anjem), views onto public television, only to not condone the attack. Waste of oxygen.

wrecker
    Free Member

Choudary. I’m afraid that my views on what should be done with people like this do not align with what is permitted by the legal system.

neninja
    Free Member

Should have double tapped them. I just hope they get full life sentences.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Talking to a Muslim prisoner at work yesterday who says there’s no way these two should be allowed to die in the name of Islam & says the police were right not to kill them on the spot. He reckons theyr’e definately going ‘downstairs’ as he put it.

Lifer
    Free Member

What did they expect from Anjem ‘Wootton Basset Coffin/Poppy Burning/Sharia4UK’ Choudary?

Wrecker, he’s a media whore, comes up with stunts to outrage and always gets the attention he craves (although he doesn’t go through with 90% of the ‘protests’ he announces). Don’t really see what he’s done to get that response though he’s just full of hot air.

andyl
    Free Member

They got bloody close to that Police car. From the looks of it the Police didn’t even have time to get out before they had to take the first shots.

Rosss
    Free Member

Admirable restraint from the police there IMO, I can’t say i’d have been as thoughtful with the rounds.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Choudary is provided fuel by the foreign policy adopted by the west, at some point we are going to have to recognise that the random killing of civilians provides rabble rousers and radicals such as him with all the fuel he needs to stoke the fires of unrest in you disenfranchised men such as those who committed the murder yesterday.

Good to see him being challenged by Muslim leaders on TV, they needed more time to unravel his rhetoric.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hot air?
    I don’t think so. People obviously follow and listen to him. He is exactly the type who should be targetted. I despise these enablers even more than I do the perpetrators.

Lifer
    Free Member

Not hot air? So you remember all those Muslim protesters carrying coffins through Wootton Bassett? Or the 1000 that took part in his ‘Muslims for Sharia’ march?

I would be very surprised if you can find a protest of his where supporters outnumber the press.

surfer
    Free Member

Choudary is provided fuel by the foreign policy adopted by the west

He is a nasty and despicable little man however all the fuel he needs is that provided by a literal reading of the Koran.

Lifer
    Free Member

Oh give over.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@wrecker – absolutely not hot air. He is a very clever manipulator of language, people and the law. As with many people who choose to do this, he acts through third parties, mostly impressionable and vulnerable.

surfer
    Free Member

I’m defeated by the sheer power of your argument.

wrecker
    Free Member

He is a very clever manipulator of language, people and the law. As with many people who choose to do this, he acts through third parties, mostly impressionable and vulnerable.

Pretty much what I was saying, and the very reason I despise the scumbag.

Lifer
    Free Member

Who has he acted through and what were the acts?

zippykona

Before we descend into a classic STW bitch fest read the first page again.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’m reminded of John Smeaton who fought the attempted bombers at Glasgow airport several years ago for example

Almost identical, apart from the missing guns, machetes and dead bodies at Glasgow and lack of burning terrorists in london.

binners

I think he’s funny. He’s like a child who stands up at nursery and calls the teacher poo-head, or something, to try and be shocking.

Every time I see him and his really, really, really, really provocative protests

I’m always immediately reminded of this

So instead of giving him the reaction he so obviously craves, I think that every time he appears in public, people should all stand behind him, enthusiastically waving banners proclaiming “DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!!!” and “CAREFUL NOW!”

Can you imagine how annoyed he’d get? 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

If there are any positives coming out of this, it does seem that non-extremist Muslims and/or organisations that represent Muslims are either being much more vocal in their condemnation of what happened, or, as I suspect, being given noticeably more media exposure to be able to voice such views than in the past. And I’m seeing plenty of Facebook shares of such video clips, and no anti-Islam shite, although of course everyone’s Facebook news feed will differ!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Isn’t Choudray entitled to voice his opinion?

The BBC should put Choudray, Farage, Starkey and Galloway in a room and allow them “free reign” to debate. Not televised or broadcast though – save us that horror. Unless we wanted some “reality TV” experience of watching four blokes not listening, manipulating what others are saying and most importantly shouting each other down ad nauseam. Give them enough food and water and they would be at it for days. BBC 3 or Dave perhaps?

Either than or just given them STW logins (temporary). They would feel quite at home!

Lifer
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Yes, but the issue is the disproporionate time his [extremely fringe] views are given by our media.

binners

THM – wouldn’t George salute him for his courage, his strength, and his indefatigability?

wrecker
    Free Member

In exactly the same way Nick Griffin is.

Look, at the end of the day innocent people—when we say ‘innocent people’ we mean Muslims—as far as non-Muslims are concerned they have not accepted Islam and as far as we are concerned that is a crime against God.

Why he doesn’t just go somewhere with Sharia is beyond me. I’d even chip in for the air fare.

Lifer
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Why he doesn’t just go somewhere with Sharia is beyond me. I’d even chip in for the air fare.

Because he wouldn’t get any attention.

surfer
    Free Member

Why he doesn’t just go somewhere with Sharia is beyond me

I think his plan is to bring it with him and spread the word.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 352 total)

The topic ‘machete attack in woolwich london (bbc news atm)’ is closed to new replies.