Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lovely!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Just got bitten by a Labrador, as it had taken offense to my Golden retriever, and I grabbed their collars to separate the silliness!

I know it was a silly thing to do, but call me stupid, as i like my dog the way he is now, not with bits missing, and besides, vet bills aren't cheap!

Went to my local surgery, where there are 5 doctors, 2 nurses and a pharmacy. I knew the bite wasn't bad, and thought better of having to go to an A&E for a flesh wound, but thought they might want to give me a tetanus shot?

Got to the reception whom told I had been bitten by a dog, and she calmly told me to go away as they don't have the staff available!

This is not the England I grew up in!

user-removed
    Free Member

Walk in clinics exist for just such trivial matters – five minute wait to be seen.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Indeed, walk in centres and A&E are useful for this. But neither of my two local walk-in centres take less than 3 hours to get seen.

AndyRT
    Free Member

but back in the day, you'd get a ruddy nurse grab the wounded limb, tell you to bend over, slap you with a tetanus shot and tell ou not to be so stupid next time.

It's all I need, as I have no idea where te doggy mouth has been prior to giving me a nip!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doesn't work that way anymore (or for as long as I can remember!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lovely!’ is closed to new replies.