Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Lovely morning ride until………
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Shit happens, huh?

Rockape63
    Free Member

When I was a kid my next door neighbour (the Dad) hanged himself in some nearby woods….I think ever since when Ive been out early, I’ve had the occasional thought about finding someone in the trees.

I don’t think it was because of his neighbours btw!

samunkim
    Free Member

Sorry, feel horrible for you

Was a almost daily occurrence in 80’s Hertfordshire, when they closed all the big Victorian psychiatric hospitals.

Harperbury

Still wary of of anything hanging from trees to this day !!

enfht
    Free Member

A colleague just topped themselves over the weekend.

CountZero

As theotherjonv says. I was one of the first on the scene of an RTA, a biker had gone into the front of an old couple’s car at around sixty mph, on one side of a railway bridge, the rider was on the other side. I checked him for a pulse on the side of his neck, but it was perfectly clear he’d had it.
    He’d already passed me earlier while I was in a line of cars behind one about to turn right, when he blasted past; I thought then that he was an accident looking to happen.
    It’s never bothered me, the only time I think of it is when a subject like this pops up.
    I rather thought of it as evolution in action.

clipper247
    Free Member

As a Police officer, I’ve found more than a few bodies. The first (1 week out of training school, and a hanging) shook me up badly, but talking to colleagues and family really helped (and a LARGE dose of black humour).
    Since then I’ve almost become immune, but had a double suicide a few weeks back that got to me – an elderly couple, one with terminal cancer, decided they wanted to go together. A peaceful way to go, but for some reason, it really got to me and played on my mind for a few days.
    Talking always helps, bottling it up doesn’t.

wool

Worked in a Hotel in Bristol back in the early 90s as junior manager and got asked by the house keeping team to get in to a bedroom they couldn’t due to it being double locked (managers override). Gained access and found this guy flat out on the bed with vomit all over the place, checked his pulse and found nothing.Rang 999 that moment got asked to put him into the recovery position over the phone, it was quite obvious at that moment he was dead due to how stiff he was.
    He had taken a huge amount of tablets and drink. Found the note on the bedside table to his Wife and 2 year old son I still think about the whole event now especially as I have kids of my own.

sadexpunk

called to an rtc a short while ago, told enroute that we may be going to cardiac arrest. when we got there the poor bloke had just about been decapitated, his head just held on with a bit of skin. im naturally squeamish yet didnt feel a thing, it was almost like looking at a waxwork. i question why i didnt (and still dont) feel anything, its probably the most horrific thing ill see in my life yet no reaction. very strange, how can i just not feel anything? tis weird.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for all the responses. I stayed to give a statement to Police then Rode back to the carpark. Sat for a few minutes in quiet let it all sink in and decided to still go to work. Had a chat with work colleagues and finished my day there. Got home and had a chat about it all with MrsBB. Also received some great messages from friends all offering support. I actually had a great nights sleep surprisingly. I have no ill feelings just obviously repeat images popping up but not concerningly so. Only thing niggling me is not knowing who he was for some reason. Thanks again folk for your responses…..Oh and the black humour I get 100%.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Found the note on the bedside table to his Wife and 2 year old son I still think about the whole event now especially as I have kids of my own.

Like others above, the death/body thing I’m OK with. However the above chokes me up, probably because I’m now a Dad too.

Glad you’re all OK OP. I’m sure his identity will become apparently in time, as will the motive.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Lovely morning ride until………’ is closed to new replies.