Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • "Love Actually"
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

currently on ITV2 – I'm watching it and crying my eyes out 🙂 Though I'm having trouble with Alan Rickman not being Snape…

brakes
    Free Member

do you mean tearing your eyes out?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

no!

woody2000

Make sure you pick up some tampons, your period is clearly due soon 🙄

rhys
    Free Member

Oh dear, i've been outed!

This is one of, if not my favourite film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as someone once said I'll get my coat.

handyman
    Free Member

great film and excellent sound track,

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Make sure you pick up some tampons, your period is clearly due soon

ah yes, men are not supposed to be moved by emotion, except over machines… but at my age I'd definitely be post menopausal!

woody2000

Aaah, HRT's kicked in has it. That explains a lot. 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

The Independent TV listing once had:

9:00 Love Actually Crap actually (12456,S).

Best. Review. Ever.

nickc

Carlito's Way on ITV4 for something completely different

Taff
    Free Member

I like that film too. Very christmassy I think…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

HRT's kicked in has it. That explains a lot

actually I seem to be generating my own hormones rather more copiously than is good for me :o)

alpin
    Free Member

that film is so shit.

went to a premier screening with the GF in munich. it was a surprise screening where you got cheaper tickets, but didn't know what film would be shown.

really really bad.

watched K-Pax last night. that was equally awful.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

well, I loved it :o)

Kevevs
    Free Member

made for schmaltzy americans. are you secretly american SchmaltzyFB? cheeseus!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

are you secretly american SchmaltzyFB

I'm highly unamerican, but Schmaltzy I'll confess to, on this evidence – it took considerable restraint not to call up the woman I love and demand she marry me – despite her copious well founded objections 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

STW in ' i hate this movie ' comments shocker !!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

lol! gotta respect that Simon, we've all been there! cheesetastic M8

rOcKeTdOg

Martine is v sexy in it though

teagirl
    Free Member

Respect simonfbarnes and rhys!

mafu26
    Free Member

I only ever admit to my girlfreind that I like this film.

To my mates? NEVER

joolsburger
    Free Member

I like it but it's not as good as Notting Hill IMHO.

hainey
    Free Member

Well i like it, and Colin Firths moment of inspiration happened to me and made me the happiest man alive today.

mos

Yes, Martine's quite nice, but who's the bit that Rickman fancies a dabble with? She's hawt.

jon1973
    Free Member

that film is so shit.

I can understand it not being someones cup of tea, but I can't see how anyone could say it's shit, cos it's clearly not.

I think you protest too much.

IanMunro
    Free Member

This is nothing more than a cunning plan by simon to demonstrate his sensitive side to the ladies of the forum in the hope of a bit more torrid photo-bummage.

lowey

I thought it was a great film.

Coyote
    Free Member

Very good film.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOVL

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When I went to see this at the cinema, some daft woman, who looked like a Guardian reader, a couple of rows back started shouting "Yes! Yes!" during the ridiculous speech about "Ooh, you Americans are just horrible, coming over here and trying to shag my girlfriend" or whatever it was.

The film is a load of patronising, pathetic Richard Curtis bilge.

Actually. 😛

slimtubing
    Free Member

a very passionate afrikaans fiend of mine was describing her favourite scene in the movie ( the bit with the cards and wosserface from pirates of the carribean) and she could not speak for crying, that made me laugh more than any part of the film. which isnt to say that i don't enjoy the film, its fluffy lovely easy entertainment and we all need that once in a while.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

slimtubing – Member

a very passionate afrikaans fiend of mine was describing her favourite scene in the movie ( the bit with the cards and wosserface from pirates of the carribean) and she could not speak for crying, that made me laugh more than any part of the film. which isnt to say that i don't enjoy the film, its fluffy lovely easy entertainment and we all need that once in a while.

No offense, slim, but your girl-fiend allowed herself to be emotionally manipulated by a cynical propagandist with a hidden agenda, using the most obvious tropes and hackneyed plot devices.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Martine is v sexy in it though

oddly, she does nothing for me at all – a nice girl, but no spark of attraction

but who's the bit that Rickman fancies a dabble with? She's hawt.

she's my 2nd favourite after the lovely Keira 🙂

emotionally manipulated by a cynical propagandist with a hidden agenda, using the most obvious tropes and hackneyed plot devices.

that's as may be, but there has to be willing participation in a story – I was keenly aware it was frequently far fetched (apart from the unrequited love of Keira) but it didn't spoil my enjoyment or emotional involvement!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I love that film too, and cry my eyes out every time I watch it. Nowt to be ashamed of, I cry at the Help for Haiti video when they lift that little lad out of the rubble with his outstretched arms…

Damn! I'm wellin up just thinking about it!

"My Girl" has to be the biggest tear-jerker going. On the face of it, Macaulay Culkin getting bee-stinged to death should be cause for celebration, but when the little girl reads her poem at the end…

Oh jebus, here I go again… 😥

djglover
    Free Member

What, it is a terrible terrible film

flippinheckler
    Free Member

One of my Favourite films is About Last Night, but Love Actually hmmmm!

alpin
    Free Member

i used to have a crush on that girl from My Girl…..

great film.

EDIT: little bit mouthy, isn't she?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

oddly, she does nothing for me at all – a nice girl, but no spark of attraction

She does nothing for me too. Annoying smug smile and cheeks like a hamster. I would rather have a milk shake.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Apparently I'm a dead ringer for Andrew Lincoln (the bloke with the cards,who fancies Keira, him off Teachers and This Life). So this is my fiancee's favorite film.

I've had to endure it many times! 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I did actually start falling in love with one of the girls in our club in a similar way, though of course I wasn't stupid enough not to tell her, and I'm glad to say she turned me down very kindly 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘"Love Actually"’ is closed to new replies.