Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Lots of newbie roadie questions…
  • ourmaninthenorth

I’d really like one of the lezyne pumps with a flexible hose, but until my pump breaks I won’t be upgrading.

I have one. It’s no longer shiny and nice looking (it sits on the commuter year round), but it’s excellent and the hose is a life-saver for a perennial valve-stem breaker like me.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

No, but i can’t be called Boss when you have “head of convent” title can i?

*accepts duel of epic proportion, dons lyrca and drinks coffee*

May the maddest fittest fair maiden or white knight win

TheFopster
    Free Member

Wow – I must ride underprepared as I seem to take very little. I have:
    1 spare tube
    2 patches
    mini pump on frame
    water bottle on frame
    tyre levers
    multi-tool with chain tool
    phone and house key
    Admittedly not out doing 100 miles each time but unless you are going so far you need to think about nutrition never found I needed any more than that…

molgrips
    Free Member

Fopster, that’s over-prepared… don’t need tyre levers 🙂 Oh and enough patches might just save you a sodding long walk so you might as well take more than two, they weigh naff all.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*stretches and eats cake*

In true gentlemanly fashion… first choice of event is all yours…

andysandes
    Free Member

I wouldn’t listen to any of the posts where they say don’t take food! If you’re going for anymore than an hour you’ll want to take something with you.

I never used o eat on the bike, but was amazed the difference it makes if you eat every 30-45 minutes or so.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I wouldn’t listen to any of the posts where they say don’t take food! If you’re going for anymore than an hour you’ll want to take something with you.

Mule bars FTW!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

The first event will be…. *drum roll*…. a tickling challenge followed by yoga.

*feels sure this is in the bag to me, as i’m not ticklish and have been a yogi for years*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*Is so greatful the challenges aren’t running simultaneously*

This all sounds a bit too much like fun though…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Haha, that first sentence nearly made me spit my biscuit over my keyboard 😆

I’m just lulling you into a false sense of security. Its all about the tactics innit?

Haze

Lezyne Micro Caddy carries my levers and spare tube, absolutely no rattling around.

Room in there for a multi-tool too though I rarely take one – most likely ‘mechanical’ will be a puncture, no need for a tool there.

Everything else in jersey pockets – key to the garage, phone, cash, card, flapjacks, inhaler, co2 canisters & inflater. Perhaps an extra tube if I think about it.

I don’t keep my drink in my pockets obviously, it’s in the bottle in a carbon cage 😉

brassneck

Going to add a chain tool to my kit list, was out last Sunday after breaking my mtb chain the week before and got The Fear .. was mincing around for the last 15 miles.

I find patches hopeless on 700c tubes, but as said they are so light you might as well pack them.

Topeak RoadMorph for pump duties – works but is a bit bulky.. just about OK in a jersey pump pocket.

BTW, Buzz Bars – little energy bars I found in Waitrose, 3 for £2.50 and absolutely lush.. sort of fudgy nutty fruity thing. Only problem is that they are very high calorie for something so tasty and I keep eating them whilst fettling.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Lots of newbie roadie questions…’ is closed to new replies.