• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Loss adjusters or logical minds – solve my quandry
  • Norton
    Free Member

I work for a business that has had key computer equipment taken but then recovered after being dumped elsewhere on site. The kit has been electrically (but not functionally) tested and seems ok.

It is now 48hrs later but the insurers won’t give us a decision on whether they will be paying out and keep stalling/seeking further technical advice. We have to take action tomorrow to protect the business.

Do we:

a) simply go ahead and replace the kit in question with new, risking that the insurers won’t pay out and possibly increase that risk by our actions; or

b) try to reinstall the old kit and if it works, possibly jeopardising a claim that would have been honoured if we left it alone.

I think option B because both options have an unquantifiable risk, but at least with B we haven’t laid out money we can ill afford. However, there is a furter risk with B that the kit will fail a few days later as a result of the break in but we won’t then be able to then claim on insurance.

Which do I choose A or B? Yes I know we shouldn’t be put in this spot by our insurers and yes we can claim for interruption of busness but it’s tangible results tomorrow we need now.

Ta

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Loss adjusters or logical minds – solve my quandry’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM