• This topic has 49 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Looks like Marzocchi are shutting down.
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

On my non Mazz forks:

Pre 2004- Fox came out with the Fox 125R(LC)- mine ROCKED

The Manitou minute- ditto.

The Psylo’s were great too.

I’m standing by my rose-tinted specs comment. For the last decade Mazz haven’t been great. Even the open bath 03 or later 66’s were just too bloody heavy for a bicycle.

The Psylo? That was the worst fork that I have ever owned…it was like wet spaghetti. The Z1 MCR that replaced it was so much better in ever way.

The Minute wasn’t exactly a beacon of reliability. Next you’ll be saying that rage Pace RC40 was reliable!

I won’t deny that they were a bit porky but for none XC riding they were brilliant. My 66’s were lovely as were my 888’s.

honourablegeorge

I recall ditching a set of 180mm 66s are replacing them with 2010 Boxxers – bike ended up a pound lighter.

honourablegeorge

davidtaylforth – Member

(apart from those ATA forks which were shite).

A friend had what must have been the only good set of ATA forks ever made – he’s never to my knowledge maintained anything, but his ATA bombers worked perfectly for years and years. Black ones, 120/150mm – they were lovely forks.

hora
    Free Member

“You’re just bitter because you missed out on them when they were being sold half price”

Still pissed about that

kimbers

The last gen of marzocchi were great , the rc3tis from 2010-2013 were absolutely excellent, small bump and rebound worked better than anything else ive tried and not heavy at all, my new pikes were a bit lighter, and more tuneable thanks to the air spring but don’t have the same plushness and traction

before that I had some 07 66rcs that were absolutely brilliant, weighty but super smooth and controlled
    Before that ive had 02 bombers mxs and 99 z3s

And mates with the latest NCR TI’s reckon they are absolutely mint

I’m very happy the rumours proved to be unfounded, when my pikes need replacing I’d love some of the latest bombers

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I bet the performance was better with the 66s though!

Never owned a bad pair of Bombers, and the 888 RC3Ti forks on my DH bike are amazing.

However, they’ve never been able to compete on trail bikes for me because they don’t do travel adjust. Completely kills it for me as it makes such a difference as you can go a size up with RS forks without losing the climbing ability.

hora
    Free Member

Dont get me wrong. I was a lifelong mazz fan. I just got tired of the odd ones that had no setup info available and also broke.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member
    davidtaylforth – Member
    (apart from those ATA forks which were shite).

A friend had what must have been the only good set of ATA forks ever made – he’s never to my knowledge maintained anything, but his ATA bombers worked perfectly for years and years. Black ones, 120/150mm – they were lovely forks.

At the time I thought they’d be the ideal fork if they didn’t break so often. I guess he got the only set that never did!

THe last set of Marzocchis I owned was a 2006 Z1 freeride, which I thought were great at the time as they were nice and plush and reliable. But at 150mm they were too long and flexy; From memory I lowered them to 110mm, and good as they were, the Pike 454s that replaced them were better in almost every way. That was the fork that really started the demise of marzocchi in my opinion.

grahamt1980

Am happy to hear they are still going.
    On the various bikes in the garage I have got one set of z1 bams, a set of 888 rc3 ti’s, one set of 55 rc3 ti’s and 2 sets of 44 rc3 ti’s.
    Could say I like marzocchi forks I guess

gonzy
    Free Member

Could say I like marzocchi forks I guess

me too. i’m on my 10th set of marzocchi forks. i’ve been a marzocchi user since the late 90’s.
    never had a pair fail on me and i’ve never serviced any of them….they just seemed to work.
    i’ll admit i never invested in a pair during their rocky period 2007 onwards when they had all sorts of issues with the TST/ATA system.
    current forks are a pair of 55CR which even some of my Rockshox/Fox riding friends are a bit envious of

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Looks like Marzocchi are shutting down.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM