Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • looking (more) like a cock by adding a visor to a helmet
  • scaredypants

You’ll all be excited to hear that the visor works reasonably well. I can see without gegs on and the sweat runs mostly down my nose or sides of my face thanks to god inventing eyebrows.

There’s a slightly weird thing where (I assume) the turbulent airflow round my nose seems to blow drips off my nose and onto the lower bit of my face – makes it feel like it’s starting to rain

That thing you get with car windscreens happens a bit too – dust on the visor reflects/scatters light and makes seeing a bit harder. Guess I’ll have to keep it clean then, though it may be more to do with the material – it’s an old and quite scratchy OHP acetate sheet cut in half and duck-taped on 😳

Not sure what a more permanent answer looks like yet

cnud
    Free Member

Saw a bloke with one of These on the other day, bit spendy though. Visor held on by a magnetic strip

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

I used to have this problem until I started wearing cycling caps !

corvette
    Free Member

I’ve got a (wind)surfing helmet that came with one of these though I’ve found it was a pain on the water.

What didn’t you like with the visor?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

possibility for scaredypants? http://www.in2dust.co.uk/Sweatsucker.html no use for it meself, I use their chain wax stuff, but might be worth a try.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OP, get a better ventilated helmet, and/or wear a Buff.

Oh, and as to anyone talking about visors on ski helmets, I give you this;

Kask, and Swarovski. And WRONG!

scaredypants

Was this revived through the magic of spam ?

Thanks B.A. – I’ve tried one … and Lo, for it was kack 🙁

scaredypants

Flash – It ain’t ventilation; I sweat like a <whatever’s currently popular> without any hat on

Buff doesn’t do it for me either

My bevisored hat is still in use. Not perfect but better than gegs by quite a margin

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘looking (more) like a cock by adding a visor to a helmet’ is closed to new replies.