Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Looking for Lad who lent me pump and innertube at Afan Sun 24th…
  • rhino
    Free Member

as title say’s i was at afan yesterday (Sun 24th) ,
    i done the stupid thing of forgetting my camel back with water and all kit inside, went with a group of people and on my first ride out managed to get a puncture (And i’m not as fit as the guys i went with so was a fair way behind)..

a lad asked if i was ok were i shepishly said “yeah i’m fine but got a punture and nothing to repair it with”, he had nothing but his mate behind kindly had a tube and pump and then the guys took off with the understanding i’d get back to the car park and replace the tube and return the pump…

well i tried a few times throughout the day to find the guys but no luck and i bought an innertube there to replace it with..

So guys if your reading this get in touch and i’ll send your pump back along with a nice shiney new innertube..

many thanks for the help and getting me back on the bike (the 2 1/2 mile walk was getting to be a grind !)

cheers
    Rhino.

Anna-B
    Free Member

That’s a nice story! People like that are Bike Angels.

But PLEASE, fit people, don’t go cycling off faster than the slowest person in your group! I have found there is nothing more soul destroying (apart from a puncture and nothing to fix it with)

Hope you find em.

rhino
    Free Member

Thanks Annabanna,
    i would have been fine if i had not forgotton my camlebak as it had everything in i would have required, and our group ride out for the day i would not of wanted them to wait for me and spoil there fun too, we would normally meet up at the end of the trail that we are on but not this time as i was walking about two miles of the trail so must of added a fair bit of time for the lads wait..

and to add to my blonde moments left my phone in the car in the car park (where the lads let me know where they were going next), but i still enjoyed the day out and the Afan experiance. will look forward to going again and making sure the first challenge will be to remember everything.

i just hope i can get in touch with the lads to return there pump and replace the innertube !..

cheers
    Rhino

nigew
    Free Member

Good of them to sort you out, hope you manage to get in touch with them.

Last year a group of us found a young women, who had been left behind by her mates, with a flat tyre and no tools etc nr the top of Spooky Wood.
    So a couple of our group gave her a tube and helped fit it.
    We saw her in The Hub later and the miserable cow didnt even offer to buy a coffee or say thanks.
    Im sure most folk i ride with would still help anybody on the trailside in need of it though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Looking for Lad who lent me pump and innertube at Afan Sun 24th…’ is closed to new replies.