Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Looking for hardtail 29er for £600-£700
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

Looking for a hardtail 29er for £600-£700 to use as a secondary bike. Mainly for rides which don’t require the FS, for commuting, for riding in the worst mud/weather conditions in Winter and as a backup bike in case the FS cannot be used due to a fault or failure.

Trying to get the best bike for the price. Was thinking second hand would get me best value but options seem very limited on Gumtree and Ebay. Was thinking maybe someone will know of something discounted especially ex demo bikes?

Frame size large / 19 inch

I live at Bolton and don’t want to be driving too far to pick it up.

parkesie
    Free Member

Pop on to paulscycles.

Bucko

On One Parkwood owners seem to be pretty happy don’t they?

drovercycles
    Free Member

Can’t help with the not-driving too far bit as we’re based in mid-Wales (though we can deliver) but we are selling our ex-rental Genesis High Latitudes for £750. That’s half the original RRP of £1499. Full SLX, Deore brakes, and Rockshox air forks so decent spec for the money, wheels aren’t bad, and we’ve fitted decent tyres recently. It’s a good frame too.

We have two 19″ left I believe.

They’ve been used – obviously – but we replace components as they wear and before sale, so other than the fact that the frames have a few signs of wear, they’re mechanically very sound indeed. Give us a shout if you’re interested in seeing more detail.

(We also have a p-ex Merida 29er in their XT-level spec if you’re looking for something a little cheaper and more XC-oriented).

chakaping
    Free Member

Such a shame you’re not a bit smaller, I’m just down the road as well.

I’ll leave this here in case you’re on the smaller end of large…
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1883656/

🙂

grannyjone
    Free Member

They’ve been used – obviously – but we replace components as they wear and before sale, so other than the fact that the frames have a few signs of wear, they’re mechanically very sound indeed. Give us a shout if you’re interested in seeing more detail.

How much is the cost of delivery of the bike ?

(We also have a p-ex Merida 29er in their XT-level spec if you’re looking for something a little cheaper and more XC-oriented).

Am interested in something a little cheaper. Are these bikes discounted?
    I’m after something XC oriented but preferrably light weight (I had a hard tail 29er that was 11 kg but it got stolen last year, so really need something to replace this)

coomber
    Free Member

I have a parkwood. It is great. I built mine with a decent deore spec for your budget but think they do a sram version for £600/£700. Think frame is 4.5lb? Pretty light.

Rutland are selling the genesis frames for £199 I believe so if you have any spares or buy second hand a few bits you can build a great bike for 6/700 from that.

Or buy a pinnacle ramin new.

jasonm945
    Free Member
    boriselbrus
    Free Member

Voodoo bizango wins every mag test at that price and owners seem pretty happy as well.

grannyjone
    Free Member

I used to have a Whyte 529 (but it got stolen) but it seems hard to get a hardtail as good as that again for the price. I got it second-hand of just £500.

Northwind

Voodoo Bizango for me at that price.

PMK2060

Boardman pro. £756 with British cycling discount plus current promo. Slightly above budget but a great deal.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay in replying! Maybe best to email for for more info but to answer your queries above….

How much is the cost of delivery of the bike ?

£20 to anywhere our courier classes as “Mainland UK”.

Am interested in something a little cheaper. Are these bikes discounted?

Yes, the Merida (it’s this one here – http://www.merida-bikes.com/en_int/bikes/hardtails/29-xc-race-marathon/2014/big-nine-xt-edition-184.html) originally retailed for £1000 I think. We’d be looking for £450 for this one. With some upgraded wheels, it’d be impressively light (Merida quote 11.90kg as is).

jekkyl

2nd hand orange clockwork.

warns74
    Free Member
    renton
    Free Member

I’m about to start building up an on one parkwood with new forks and as new wheels and drive train for around 500 quid for the same reasons as you.

Should be decent when done.

simon_g

Not got around to advertising it yet but my Trek Stache 7 needs to go – this one but with all-black 2014 SID RCT3s instead of the Recons, a Hope stem and carbon bars.

Drop me a line if you’re interested and I’ll sort out pics, etc. Happy to courier it.

chestrockwell

My mate lives near Burnley and will be selling his near mint Parkwood frame in medium soon. Could be an option?

ads678

£699 https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mtb/grand-canyon/2016/grand-canyon-al-5-9.html

I’ve been umming and erring over the next one up, the 6.9 @ £799 reckon they look great.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Looking for hardtail 29er for £600-£700’ is closed to new replies.