Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Looking for a (fictional) knock out spray…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

My book of doom continues apace, but right now I’m in need of a way of having one of the characters being quickly rendered unconscious with a chemical aerosol spray. The victim would need to return to consciousness reasonably quickly. From what I’ve seen online, Chloroform appears to be a non-starter, as well as being too clichéd

Any suggestions?

jam-bo

It’s fiction, make one up…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve considered doing that; but as the novel has a grittiness of a possible near future about it I’d prefer to have something based on a real chemical.

Drac

Isoflurane

andyl
    Free Member

find out what that gas the Russians used in that terrorist raid was. Aerosol of that should be okay.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis#Chemical_attack

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Drac: Isoflurane sounds interesting. How quicky would it take effect? And would it’s use be detectable by blood test?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

sulfate of thanatol – works for me every time.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Rohypnosol… I can send you a few samples

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

GT85

Drac

Drac: Isoflurane sounds interesting. How quicky would it take effect? And would it’s use be detectable by blood test?

No idea but there’s at least one anaesthetist who posts on here not sure it’ll be instant but as mentioned it’s fictional so you can say it’s derived from Isoflurane.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Yarpstuokconk

fasthaggis

There is no book and he is sharing this info with wHora 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whatever you decide to call it, the lethal dose must be 650ml. It really brings the murdering, erm, alive.

McHamish
    Free Member

I just searched fir ‘isoflurane speed’ and got a link to trials to knock dogs out quickly with ‘vesoflurane’

Can you mention me in the book?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

picolax?

s##t themselves into unconciousness

ohnohesback
    Free Member

McHamish, I may name a minor character after you if that’s what you want BUT… given that this book may be just a bit controversial, you may not want to be associated with it in any way…

tinribz
    Free Member

Not sure I really want to goggle that, but if it’s not a realistic means how about a plastic bag over the head.

Northwind

If I was planning to go out kidnapping/raping, and needed advice on how to do so, claiming to be researching a book is definitely how I’d do it.

Just sayin’.

footflaps

Worked for Pete Townsend….

CountZero

From wiki:

Sleeping gas is an oneirogenic general anaesthetic that is used to put a subject into a state where they are not conscious of what is happening around them. Incapacitating agent is a related general term for “knockout gases” or “KO gas” that ideally render a person unable to harm themselves or others, regardless of consciousness.
    Most sleeping gases have undesirable side effects, or are effective at doses that approach toxicity.
    Examples of modern volatile anaesthetics that may be considered sleeping gases are halothane vapour (Fluothane), methyl propyl ether (Neothyl), methoxyflurane (Penthrane), and the undisclosed fentanyl derivative delivery system used by the FSB in the Moscow theater hostage crisis.
    Possible side effects might not prevent use of sleeping gas by criminals willing to murder, or carefully control the dose on a single already sleepy individual. There are reports of thieves spraying sleeping gases on campers, or in train compartments in some parts of Europe. Alarms are sold to detect and alert to such attacks, so a potential risk is believed by some people.
    Fictional use of sleeping gas often involves stealth, as does criminal use of sleeping pills and poisons. In these works of fiction, sleeping gas is used by a character to incapacitate other characters. In some cases, science fiction or fantasy films depict the use of large quantities of sleeping gas to put large numbers of people to sleep.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q_3BeeMDE5PJjBIia_ZHnfq3fgTiWKR-r3VM7sqhSJA/mobilebasic?pli=1
    Look for Kolokol-1

maccruiskeen

There are reports of thieves spraying sleeping gases on campers, or in train compartments in some parts of Europe.

There have been attempts to gas truck drivers while they sleep in their cabs in the UK too, in order to hijack loads

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a (fictional) knock out spray…’ is closed to new replies.