Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)
  • Look what just arrived! (SRAM XX/Seven Cycles content)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I'd rather spend the huge amount of money on something more practical – I would hate to take those bikes out in the mud and grit – Prob cost you £1 a mile – cheaper to drive the car. 🙂

duckman

Don't mind the rest, but can I put a pick of the full sus or the tt above the fire to keep the kids away from it?

solarider
    Free Member

You could, but even the fire might take offence and go out! I must admit though, their ugliness is part of the appeal. You don't see many about.

Coasting
    Free Member

Fantastic selection of bikes so nice to see a guy so passionate about his hoby.Such a shame to see so many miserable stards so here sething with jealousy,but i guess its the English way.

flatback
    Free Member

i like them , and can take 5 of them off your hands you can keep the ugly 2, but a great collection,what you gona do in 6 months when new xtr comes out??

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'n not jelous BTW – I just don't see the appeal myself just to make my comments clear Coasting 🙂

flatback
    Free Member

been looking again only fault i can find is that you have lost season 5 on the shelf instead of in the bin, but leon cancels out the bad carma one of the best films ever

bobbyspangles

what a beautiful stable of bikes.

audiophile
    Free Member

I've got to have some of those thumbshifters. Can you put up a link to where I can get the mounts please. Loving the dedication of this collection.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Just convert one of these, innit.

solarider
    Free Member

They are Paul Components. You can get them directly (do a Google search), or from Aspirevelotech but there is also a UK importer, although I can't remember who. You need to specify Shimano, Campagnolo or SRAM and your handlebar width. They work great with the SRAM TT900 shifters, but yes bananaworld, they do look a bit like your bell!

cinnamon_girl

That is a seriously impressive collection of bikes, enjoy 8)

(C_G Ti tart, you need to ride one to "get it").

toons
    Free Member

WOW, now that is bling bling.

Enjoy

Mike
    Free Member

Awesome, simply awesome…dunno what else to say really?!

grizzer
    Free Member

Mint'ed or what! Don't think I could even afford the insurance on that lot!Oh well I'll just have to keep spending all my dole money on lottery tickets!

aracer
    Free Member

Is that stem on the TT bike the same height as on the roadies – certainly looks it? In which case I'd suggest you're somewhat missing the point of a TT bike – might as well just put clip on tri bars on one of your roadies.

hitman
    Free Member

Don't understand why a number of people are giving the op a hard time – ignore it mate, they're jealous. TBH if I had lots of money I would probably have a bike for each occasion, so not sure what the problem is. I also think that criticising someone else's pride and joy is pretty poor. If you don't like the bikes, then don't comment.
    To the OP, I think the sram xx looks lovely – would probably be my top choice or at least would love to try it.
    I know its slightly off topic but who did your floors – any recommendation as I need mine done!!
    cheers 🙂

bigrich

you bought mission impossible 2 on dvd? with money? good lord.

iDave
    Free Member

i spy with my little eye, someone who works in accounting?

petefromearth

very nice collection – but what on earth do you ride to the pub on?!

i think it's only right that you should post a pic of the whole lot in the garden (so we can comment on your fence/lawn/shed!!)

chakaping
    Free Member

so we can comment on your fence/lawn/shed!!

They're probably custome-made out of titanium too.

😉

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

petefromearth – Member
    very nice collection – but what on earth do you ride to the pub on?!

He's probably got a little hack bike for the pub: 😉

(in case I get labelled jealous/miserable I'm only joking and would bite the hand off anyone offering my any of those bikes!)

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Lovely bikes, I see why you are proud.
    And I have Paul's Thumbies (which are great and very positive) you can get them from Freshtripe bikes here… http://www.freshtripe.co.uk/Freshtripe/Pauls%20Bits.html

ton

fantastic collection of bikes matey.
    keep up the good work.

i love it when people who like to buy bike post them up on here….
    and all the sad, tightarsed, miserly, ba5tards get all jelous 8)

Digger90
    Free Member

STOP WHINING!

He likes bikes.

Don't we all?

That's what it's about you retards.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

STOP WHINING!

He likes bikes.

Don't we all?

Like I said lots of us have seen them before, yep they sure are nice (well a couple of them anyway) they sure are bling, but it would be boring to repeat ones comments each time, not that I've been derogatory anyway.

solarider
    Free Member

aracer. Difficult to see from the picture, but the TT bike is much shorter. People often think that TT = bum in the air and head down. The position is more about a balance of aero and power. As a number of people have commented, I am not a small guy, so resistance to the wind is less important to me that the ability to turn my legs smoothly. I would never compare my results to Indurain, but my position is more Indurain than Boardman!

To everybody else. Thanks so much for the comments. I am a self confessed bike tart, yes. I always knew that this would get a mix of positive and negative comments. It is an unusual stable I know. The most amusing part of the thread so far is the interesting tags that it has thrown up (see top of page)! If the site does that automatically it has quite a comedic, if a little twisted mind.

And yes, some have them have been on here before. The point of the post however was to show the SRAM XX on the HT and FS (which is new) and the TT bike (which is new). As I said, the others were 'just for fun'. I must have misread the bit of the Forum rules which bans posting pictures twice, or the law against posting nice bikes!

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

awsome collection and any body that disagrees is blatently jealous.
    Works of art in my view 🙂

Keep on building them !

philjunior
    Free Member

Nice bikes. If a bit fugly in places.

That audax one though, must be running tiny tyre mudguard clearances under the fork by the looks of it…

oldgit
    Free Member

@solarider
    Can a 'normal' ten speed cassette be used. Even buying trade the cassette is on the mad side.
    Think I'm going to press my mate into getting his now so I can have a good test.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As I said, the others were 'just for fun'. I must have misread the bit of the Forum rules which bans posting pictures twice, or the law against posting nice bikes!

Post them as much as you like, they are lovely bikes and people who haven't seen them before will love/appreciate/deride, dependent on taste.

solarider
    Free Member

I think that the spacing is the same as a 'normal' SRAM and Shimano cassette (but not Campagnolo 10 speed).

By way of a cheeky recommendation, I got mine from Fudge Cycles. They are the cheapest around have a number of kits to go XX at various price points using various interchangeable parts from SRAM so you don't need to go the whole XX route to get 10 speed up and running. Ask for Andrew if you phone them. He is super enthusiastic and helpful.

Jamie
    Free Member

Digger90:
    STOP WHINING!

He likes bikes.

Don't we all?

Are you new here or just spending too much time in the classifieds?

This is how it works:

1) Someone posts pictures of their bike(s).

2) Some people say said bike(s) are 'fugly'.

3) Some people say they are bling.

4) We all move on with our day.

captaindanger

A fine collection indeed, I'd like to add my (pointless) comment-
    Clearly the aesthetics are important, I reckon the ti stem and stackers are ruining the balance of the frame, might work if you put a Ti seatpost on them all? Or go for black stems and stackers to match the bars.

I think Ti looks much better with silver thompson and brown saddles/tape.

There, I've said it.

solarider
    Free Member

Fair comment captaindanger. Not sure about the silver though. Tried to keep the theme ti and black as much as possible but there is a bit of red creeping in there now with the Maguras and XX.

Jamie has taken the sword of truth to the thread. Well done!

It's just about bikes 'n' stuff!

khani
    Free Member

i'me jelous, but not peevish, luvverly! if you have the money get it spent, no pockets in a shroud

flamejob
    Free Member

Very impressive.

Out of interest how tall are you sola?

Dougal
    Free Member

How about spending some cash on getting yourself made shorter so you can ride smaller and more visually appealing bikes? Of course, Ti isn't the best material for hiding gateness, due to it's thin profiles.

Impressive collection though, I hope they get ridden plenty.

convert

As a lover of ti they are very nice indeed.

As said above though, long headtubed frames for big blokes are never quite as nice to look at as shorter tubed versions for our low altitude brethren but needs must. Use of ti stems and stack does rather extenuate the look though. I'd pop a black thompson stem on one or two of those with some black spacers just to see if it improves the looks. I've never seen a ti stem that wasn't a bit fugly – but maybe my eye has just become accustomed to the forged & CNC billet look.

The audax bike – you would be in right trouble around these muddy roaded parts if you actually dared to venture out – constantly stopping to pop your wheels out and clear the clogs. The clearance at the seat stay (and chainstay come to that) and at the fork is very small indeed. Was there a manufacturing calculation error or were the guards an afterthought? What tyres are you running in there?

devs
    Free Member

Aside from the outrageously expensive bling on it which I suppose I am a bit jealous of, not the components themselves but having enough money to justify putting on such overpriced, overhyped penis replacement kit. Don't get me wrong I have more than enough money to buy it it's just I'm an engineer who is half Scottish and half Yorkshire so I am genetically unable to part with cash for stuff that costs ten times the price of kit that will do the job perfectly well……..BUT, that FS looks like a poorly designed supermarket bike. The stresses caused by the seat tube angle cannot be good in any way shape or form. I reckons it'll crack before a Cannondale Commencal Cotic Santa Cruz or On One! The others look lush (except that TT bike which reminds me of one of those advertising trailers that you see dumped in fields next to motorways)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Look what just arrived! (SRAM XX/Seven Cycles content)’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM