Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Long mtb events
  • 29ers
    Free Member

200 Mile epic ride around London 😯
    A unique mountain bike experience…

The Smoke Ring Mtb Adventure 28/29/30 May 2016
    The event will follow ‘The Smoke Ring – An orbital route around London’, which is a long distance mountain bike route created and published by Mtb Epics UK in 2014. You will encounter a huge array of trail gems over the 200 mile distance, taking in bridleways, byways, singletrack, woodland, heathland, urban and much more..

The route starts and finishes in Surrey and will orbit London in an anti-clockwise direction visiting Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Some of the many highlights will include The North Downs, Epping Forest, The Colne Valley and The Surrey Hills.

The smoke ring

benp1

I bought the Smoke Ring book to try and do it in between jobs, but never got round to arranging it

The book isn’t brilliant for route planning. You’d need to read the book as you’re riding, i.e. use it for navigating, or spend hours planning it onto a MAP/mapping software tool There’s no GPX available and I CBA with spending hours planning like that.

I still might do it one day (as I pretty much live on one of the Northern section), but only when the planning gets easier.

richardthird

There’s no GPX available

Yes there is

GPS

crash_gav
    Free Member
    benp1

@richardthird – thanks.

I actually emailed Vince, and then promptly found the links on his website afterwards. I came back here to post up that they’re available

I bought the book last March, it’s just sitting in my book case unloved!

richardthird

He’s a top bloke for putting all the gpx’s up 🙂 Like a few of those routes, I’ll probably buy the book anyway should I ride any of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Long mtb events’ is closed to new replies.