Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Long bib shorts
  • rascal
    Free Member

I need some new long bibshorts (mainly for roadie work – sorry!) – my 8 year old Castelli Velocissimo have a hole next to the pad that was quite apparent when a got back yesterday – skin had been rubbing on the saddle 😫.
    Any recommendations? Don’t want cheapo but don’t want astronomically expensive ones either – comfort more than anything…

mrb123
    Free Member

If you mean ones that fit long in the leg, I’d suggest any of the Pactimo ones that have a long leg option, Albion and the Chapeau Club ones. All work for me at 6’4″ in size medium.

ransos
    Free Member

If you like Castelli then Merlin often have good offers, which bring them down to a sensible price.

Kryton57

Galibier do a range of shorts within which you can choose the leg length.

hofnar
    Free Member

Northwave going cheap on Merlin at the moment.

I quite like my force long and 3/4 as with Castelli size up one size for most people.

slowoldman

I have a couple of pairs of Castelli Omloop shorts (bought in the sales of course). They are proper knee length – designed for early wet cold Belgian conditions. AKA England. The current ones are Tutto Nano or Nano Flex Pro I think. See if there are any in a sale.

matt_outandabout

My Galibier 3/4 bibs are my most worn shorts and I’m buying another pair shortly.

Lighter weight fabric, but warm knees. I find I can wear them from cool (this week, 4*c) to warm summer days.

chaos

Got some of these recently as I’ve had a couple of wipe outs on the road in the last couple of years from overcooking it on bends in greasy/mucky roads.

https://www.merlincycles.com/sportful-ltd-shield-bib-shorts-221027.html?

They definitely come up longer than any other bib shorts I’ve had – almost touching the knee cap. Think WvA long (not that I look anything like him on the bike :-( ).

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations all.
    Making the short list are a few different Sportful ones, Castelli Tutto Nano and a few pairs of Chapeau. mrb123 – how are you Chapeau re: fit, comfort and quality?

mrb123
    Free Member

The Chapeau are decent. Probably wouldn’t pay full price but recommended when on sale. Quality is similar level to Pactimo Ascent Vectors. Decent for rides up to 50-60 miles.

Pactimo Summit Raptors (my faves) are a step up, done my longest rides in them. Enjoying the Albion too, extremely comfortable.

oceanskipper

Making the short list

I see what you did there!

mrb123
    Free Member

Lusso are another one worth checking out. Nice quality and decent leg length.

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Galibier – this specific model, only, though.

https://www.galibier.cc/product/peloton-bib-shorts/

I chose the for the opposite reason – hobbit legs – and am very pleased with them. Comfy enough for all day rides.
    Very competitive price, good quality and excellent customer service

rascal
    Free Member

Sportful Infinium (for when it’s really cold) and Fiandre tried on – according to the fit chart I’m L but went for XL. Still tight but the straps want to fold my back in half. One has Neoshell and one has Windstopper so loaded with ‘features’. They’re both going back.
    Chapeau Club 2 are a much nicer fit – even the L, and nicely made without ‘features’, and though the foot loops sound like a great idea, there’s def an art to putting them on properly! I’ll be doing some long rides in them and wonder in the pad is up to 7hr+ rides.
    Anything else to consider before I make a final decision on returns?

mrb123
    Free Member

So did you actually want bib tights then, not shorts?

rascal
    Free Member

So did you actually want bib tights then, not shorts?

Oh…yeah, my title is slightly misleading!

ransos
    Free Member

Oh, for longs, spend the extra on Castelli Sorpasso. I’ve done 300km rides in them and they’ve stayed comfortable.

slowoldman

Oh…yeah, my title is slightly misleading!

Oh well, forget the shorts I suggested then.

rascal
    Free Member

ransos – tempted by the Sorpasso but heard a few cases of logos peeling off. Hardly the end of the world not I like stuff not to look tatty for as long as possible…how are yours doing?

ransos
    Free Member

“ransos – tempted by the Sorpasso but heard a few cases of logos peeling off.”

Never peeled off, but they cracked eventually on my first pair. Second pair are still fine, probably about two years old. My cycling kit goes in at 30 degrees with non bio liquid.

Merlin have them in all sizes for £99 which is less than half price!

rascal
    Free Member

Anyway have any experience of Endura Pro SL II bibtights with the 700 series pad? How they size up, longevity, fit and quality…now on the radar

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.