Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • London parking
  • theotherjonv

When I was a kid we often used to drive into London on a sunday and park for free; I seem to recall many of the meters / restricted areas were opened up (I remember parking on bridges over the Thames for one)

Does this still happen or have terrorist fears / commercial fusses stopped this.

Thinking of taking the family in tomorrow but the price on trains for a family of 4 (for a return journey from Guildford = 25 miles / mins) is over £40.

And they wonder why we don't use public transport more.

johnnyc

yep, still happens. I tend to use the Covent Garden/Holborn area. Can also still park on one of the bridges over the Thames too if you get there early enough- waterloo maybe? Can't quite remember.

piha
    Free Member

As already stated, there are quite a few places you can park for free in London on a Sunday. Regents Park has quite a few free parking spaces and thats where I head to.

theotherjonv

cheers fellas

apologies for the wrong forum too.

grizzer
    Free Member

Lived in London for 6 years and had between 100-200£ a month come out of my wages for parking-Bus lane fine's,that was when the Gestapo attendants were on incentive bonuses,think that's been outlawed by Parliment now!Be carefull and make sure you double check the restriction times they can be missleading and be different one's in the same street!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I do it all the time and park on Waterloo bridge. Need to get there quite early around 10-11 ish is usually OK.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘London parking’ is closed to new replies.