Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • London cops challenge cyclist
  • buckster
    Free Member

Looking at the video, they were passing parked cars. As such, you should leave 1.5 car doors width, copper was wrong and being a tad pedantic. Only thing the cyclist did wrong was to call him Sir as he wasn’t an officer, soz

JackHammer

Only thing the cyclist did wrong was to call him Sir as he wasn’t an officer, soz

Lolz LIKE!

Just cos he’s a police man doesnt make him right.

DezB
    Free Member

childish.

Good point. Well made.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well. He was taking up an uncessary amount of room riding some distance into the road I understand but making difficult for other road users to pass then complaing about it. Both started off Ok duirng their discussion but he sounded like a kid at the end when the Police Officer was just giving him some sound advice.

You’re just being a really silly attention seeker aren’t you

Drac

You’re just being a really silly attention seeker aren’t you

Unlike you I’m not no.

Complaining about somebody passing close is reasonable whatever the reason or the provocation for the close pass – as the cyclist reasonably pointed out, plod didn’t have to overtake

He didn’t but he also didn’t need to take quite so much space.

As he said he was doing 20 in a 20 zone so there was no way to legally overtake him and then the cip car had to slow fr the speed bumps anyway

Well I can think of one but yes essentially you’re right but still no need to take up so much room.

scotroutes

Wrong! he was taking up an entirely appropriate amount of room, riding the correct distance into the road to avoid being doored.

Drac

Wrong! he was taking up an entirely appropriate amount of room, riding the correct distance into the road to avoid being doored.

I’ve just watched again. Yeah you’re right I was wrong, when seen it earlier I thought he was way more over to the right. 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

redacted given the comment above from Drac.

Fair play drac, we all make mistakes, and very few of us admit our errors on here

Drac

Could you explain why?

^^

Junkyard
    Free Member

I edited after reading

Gary_M
    Free Member

Unlike you I’m not no.

Mature response, similar to your first name calling of the cyclist post. Grow up.

franksinatra

Would you like to pull over?

No. (carries on cycling)

Love that guy.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah you’re right I was wrong

Wasn’t it Drac who once said to me “Make your bloody mind up” or words to that effect.. 😆

Drac

Mature response, similar to your first name calling of the cyclist post. Grow up.

Oh dear me.

Wasn’t it Drac who once said to me “Make your bloody mind up” or words to that effect..

Probably.

DezB
    Free Member

😀

aracer
    Free Member

He didn’t but he also didn’t need to take quite so much space.[/quote]

Thanks for conceding the point about how far out he was – I was surprised as you weren’t somebody I expected to think cyclists should be in the gutter.

Though I thought it worth clarifying that as I pointed out, even if the cyclist had been riding too far out then that still wouldn’t have been an excuse for anybody (let alone a cop) to pass too close, and it would still be reasonable to complain about it in such circumstances.

Drac

Yup he should have got him to pull over to warn him.

theocb
    Free Member

The cyclist let himself down a bit with the clumsy overtake of the other cyclist at the end.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘London cops challenge cyclist’ is closed to new replies.