Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • London Bridge
  • oldracer
    Free Member

FB has activated their safe mode.

moose
    Free Member

I disagree with a lot of the handwringing that goes on here, but Zanelad, you’re way off the point on this one. The blood hasn’t even congealed yet and you’re making statements like that. Bad form sir, bad form.

chewkw
    Free Member

Roter Stern – Member
    Just heard somebody on sky news who claimed they heard rapid gunfire about 10 minutes before the police arrived.

Yes, that is the armed police releasing short burst (mode) with their automatic rifles …

Sky News:

“James, 24, told Sky News he saw two armed police crouching behind a black BMW X5 telling pedestrians to “get back” before firing shots.

He said: “Brrr, brrr, brrr, three shots.”

khani
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs have just made it home from there after a night out at the Opera and a few pubs, its f’kin chaos and there’s a lot of frightened people with kids and family who don’t know what’s going on, we managed to get to Waterloo and get a tube out, we were lucky unlike some other poor souls..
    Let’s keep it together folks and not let this get any lower than it’s got please, this is one thing we are all in together.

franco
    Free Member

People have lost their lives. Families have lost loved ones. Our thoughts should be with them.

Petty squabblers and those jumping up to point the finger & make over simpllified, uneducated blanket statements, you are seriously **** in the head.

khani
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

CountZero

Proving they’re better than others cos they’re more understanding of world events, or belittling anyone who has a different opinion to them. As if their pov was the only one that counts.

“Is that a mirror I see before me?”
    “Hello Mr Kettle, I’m Mr Pot, pleased to meet you”
    🙄

Petty squabblers and those jumping up to point the finger & make over simpllified, uneducated blanket statements, you are seriously **** in the head.

I would rather hope this isn’t directed at me, I’m old enough to have spent over half of my life threatened by terrorist activity, and to have heavily armed police patrolling the tiny village eight miles away where my dad was born, and where I used to cycle to for a pint or two on a regular basis. It was a daily experience to have a copper wearing a Kevlar vest with an H&K carbine and automatic pistol walk past when sitting outside with a pint of an evening, or coming into the pub.
    That’s closer to home than practically anyone on here has experience of.
    As I say “The more things change, the more they stay the same”, and it’s with deep sadness that I feel that this is going to be the way of things for a long time to come.
    My heart and soul is with anyone who has suffered as a result of recent events, but, regardless of what anyone says, I really don’t think they will be the last. 🙁

cornholio98
    Free Member

Growing up there were scares and bombs but I never remember people being so angry they just seemed tired and frustrated. Could have been because I was young or because my family is part Irish that I was not aware of things. I have memories of international events too some extent. Nothing to the extent of countzero

I guess I thought that part of being british meant you were strong enough to cope with all of this stuff but you then just got on and continued without giving into fear or hate.

I guess that this was the naivety of youth but thinking that way has helped me in many situations around the world. There is no need to be foolish but when we give into fear, hate and allow terrorists to divide us we let them win.

user-removed
    Free Member

I see little difference to the IRA planting bombs in concrete rubbish bins

They gave warnings. A chance to clear out. These latest attacks are very different.

irc

Mark Rowley, assistant commissioner for the Metropolitan police, has confirmed that the vehicle drove from London Bridge to Borough Market, hitting pedestrians on the bridge.

There, he said, the suspects left the vehicle and stabbed a number of people, including an offduty police officer, who sustained serious injuries.

Armed response officers confronted three male suspects, who were shot and killed.

Rowley says the three suspects were shot within eight minutes of the first call to emergency services.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/03/london-bridge-closed-after-serious-police-incident-live

Drac

Awful news thoughts with victims, famalies and those involved in the incident.

Can we please show some respect to the victims and their families by not point scoring or ranting your political agenda or I will impose breaks.

atlaz
    Free Member

Dreadful, as have been all the attacks like this, in Europe or beyond. Thoughts to the families of the dead and injured.

chip
    Free Member

The terrorists, sorry losers were shot dead within eight minutes of starting their attack, and thankfully so or more people could have been killed or injured.

More family’s devastated.
    Hope all the injured pull through

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Excellent shooting skills from the police with the preferable result.

One thing puzzles me… why would they wear fake bomb vests?

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Suicide by cop is the only conclusion I can come up with. The police have little option but to take them out in this situation…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

In that case, although obviously an end to these sort of attacks is by far the best outcome, if they are to continue I would hope that this costumage becomes mandatory for any similar aspirant to the virgin-stocked paradise.

oldnpastit

Instill terror and panic in people around them, make life more complicated for the police in any kind of stand-off situation?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

[

jekkyl

News reports saying 48 injured. Since there are no reports of the losers carrying guns is it reasonable to assume that means up to 48 people stabbed or injured with the van? So they ran through the crowd stabbing people indiscriminately?!

gobuchul
    Free Member

So they ran through the crowd stabbing people indiscriminately?!

So it seems.

Borough Market is a 5 minute walk from London Bridge, it’s close but they not exactly next to each other.

London Bridge, like millions of others, is my old route to work, makes it all seem much closer to home when you know the area well.

It’s probably lucky that they didn’t do it at 8 o’clock on Monday morning, the devastation on London Bridge would of been horrific.

Bunnyhop

Are all you London STWers safe?

jimdubleyou

Borough market and London Bridge are a 1 minute walk from each other. They are right next to each other.

From looking where the van crashed outside the barrow boy, they either went down the main road or down the steps into the back side of the market under the viaduct.

There is so much life around there at that time of night – lots of easy targets sadly. 🙁

rmacattack
    Free Member

No point giving my opinion about what I think about the attack as the masses will object.

But a sad loss to whoever is involved and a bad day for the city and country as a whole.

alexathome
    Free Member

Macattack – I’d suggest that you do say exactly what you think. I’ve done that and cut the amount of poorly informed apologetic bs posts that I’ve had to see everytime I open Facebook.

rmacattack
    Free Member

I guess I might just open the dailymail to read some real news and not left controlled news. But that would be barrell scraping

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

Another witness Gerard told the BBC: “They were running up shouting, ‘This is for Allah.’ They stabbed this girl maybe 10 times, 15 times. She was going, ‘Help me, help me.'”

Dunno how we are going to solve this problem frankly.

alexathome
    Free Member

Or just read the same handbook that these guys are reading and get to grips with why they are doing what they are doing. Read about the backgrounds of the imans in places where they ‘worshiped’ or the structure of the prisons that they did time in. We’ve allowed this to happen – through being so damn PC that we’re calling people racists or islamophobic for even talking about it.

leffeboy

Police response is incredible really. Massively busy city but 8 minutes from first call in to police on the scene, terrorists killed, paramedics working. They clearly have special rules on how to deal with this stuff that involves stopping it dead in it’s tracks as fast as they can

Hugely impressed

alexathome
    Free Member

@davidbelstein: that sounds absolutely nothing to do with relegion at all. Goodness knows where that comment was coming from.

shermer75
    Free Member

Police response is incredible really. Massively busy city but 8 minutes from first call in to police on the scene, terrorists killed, paramedics working. They clearly have special rules on how to deal with this stuff that involves stopping it dead in it’s tracks as fast as they can

Hugely impressed

Same

oldracer
    Free Member

through being so damn PC that we’re calling people racists or islamophobic for even talking about it.

Not sure anybody has said that….

alexathome
    Free Member

No, not on this thread – but it’s the general response when anyone brings up these points on the BBC etc.

oldracer
    Free Member

but it’s the general response when anyone brings up these points on the BBC etc.

Not sure about that either TBH..

revs1972
    Free Member

They gave warnings. A chance to clear out. These latest attacks are very different.

I think you might find that some of the big bombs were preceded by a phone warning.
    From speaking to an ex colleague who lived over in NI during the worst of it , there were no warnings before someone knocked on your door and shot you. There’s probably a lot we didn’t get to hear about over here .

On the subject of fake bomb vests , apart from the panic aspect, I imagine it would deter the have a go heroes.

alexathome
    Free Member

To me it has become clear that we need Frank open discourse about the problems that we’re facing and how we as a country can address them. Without fear of having negative labels attached to our arguments. It’s not constructive.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, what do we predict?

Already known to security services, jihadiist links, been reported several times… lessons will be learned, hands will be wrung.

alexathome
    Free Member

@oldracer. I’ve noticed a definite bias from the audience response and panel response. It’s disappointing.

codybrennan
    Free Member

ninfan – Member – Block User – Quote
    So, what do we predict?

For a wee change, lets not bother.

dannyh
    Free Member

So, what do we predict?

Already known to security services, jihadiist links, been reported several times… lessons will be learned, hands will be wrung.

What’s your positive response, then?

Internment without trial? The Hopkins option?

🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘London Bridge’ is closed to new replies.