Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Log Burner
  • RegP
    Free Member

Further to my Chimney Lining post which I have sorted, we have now decided to venture in to the world of a Log Burner for the sitting room. I know that a lot on here have one or a stove.

Looking at actual burners it seems to be an overload with everyone selling them and so many different ones.

We like the feel of the more modern looking ones. Are there any companies that I should be looking at or makes etc. We are based near Derby if that helps. Or are any of the online retailers better than others?

Also what are the benefits/pitfalls of going for a multi-fuel burner as I like the idea of the backup of being able to sling a bit of coal on.

igm

Multi-fuel needs the higher spec chimney liner. Which liner did you get?

RegP
    Free Member

Not fitted yet as going in this week but a 904.

mj27
    Free Member

We got a Firebelly FB1 which I think looks reasonably modern. They are also conveniently made just down the road from me but this was not a massive factor in the choice. They do a multi fuel kit if you want to burn coal but we only use logs.

You need to start getting wood stacked now for next year…….

igm

Should be ok there then. The 904 that is

globalti
    Free Member

We like our two Dovre 250s, they are compact in size and easy to use and maintain. We generally start the fire with kindling, get the flames up then add some smokeless nuggets to form the bed of embers, on which we start the logs.

sandwicheater

We had a Scan Anderson fitted and it has been great. My research was limited to ‘yeah, that one looks OK’ and not had a burner in any previous house to compare.

wolly
    Free Member

Was in the same position as you a few months ago and I went for a Chilli Penguin uk made too

samuri
    Free Member

We have a Stovax multi-fuel. It is great being able to chuck coal in. We normally buy a couple of bags over Christmas. The benefit is you can lug some coal in, then some wood, get the wood burning which kicks out a load of heat nice and quick and then once the wood is burnt away, turn the vents down and the coal will simmer away in there for hours quite happily.

I’ve come down in the mornings to find the coal still glowing.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Wolly

Was in the same position as you a few months ago and I went for a Chilli Penguin uk made too

What model did you get?

Any real-world feedback?

Like the idea of UK made, to order, but not sure whether I could justify the cost over other similar sized offerings.

RegP
    Free Member

Trawling through the ever endless ones on the market I like the look of the Westfire.Uniq.17 even thought it is not a multi fuel and also the one I like the look of the most is the Purevision PV5 even if it is a bit more than I wanted to spend and potentially deeper than I wanted as well…. Time to make the Fireplace bigger with a hammer!!

wolly
    Free Member

I went for the high and mighty really nicely built fuel consumption wise hard to say as its my first wood burner, but it’s warm and you can cook your tea in it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Log Burner’ is closed to new replies.