Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Loading photo from iphoto problems – any experts out there?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am trying to change my photo on a networking site. I am using mac stuff and trying to load photo from iphoto. When I hit the tab “choose file”, it goes to finder and then I try to select iphoto in applications. Instead of loading the photo files it merely selects the iphoto gif. I must have done something by mistake at one stage.

Does this sound familiar. Its not facebook bit I guess same issues apply to any site. Any help from mac/other experts much appreciated. Thanks in advance

disben

sometimes it is easier to take the file name (or number) and then when it goes to “choose file” do the search for that name / number. You should be able to work out which is the proper image / largest image that way.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ive just tried in firefox (after sfari) and problem seems that I have done something the iphoto link. When you tap on it, it merely goes to the gif instead of the photos.

I will try to file name now!

I think I have created an iphoto library gif by mistake?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No same issue. Just imports a link to the file name??

beamers

Find the file in iphoto and then export the image to your desktop and upload it from there.

Pick your photo in iPhoto, then File, Export (pick your size and resolution) , select export and then iphoto will ask you where to save it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

beamers – thanks very much that worked! Not sure what I did wrong earlier but job done now. Cheers!

MrSmith
    Free Member

you should have gone to username>pictures>your image instead of trying to upload the application’s thumbnail in the finder.

the images are kept in the library not inside the application.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mr S – last night I went into “choose file”, then iphotos and it showed all my photos and the relevant folders. This morning (for some reason) when I pressed iphotos it just uploaded the gif instead of linking to the photos themselves. I was on the phone at the time and guess I have hit some button by mistake which has changed how it handles the link. All odd as the old method has always worked in the past.

But thanks anyway – STW is a source of loads of help ex-biking!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Loading photo from iphoto problems – any experts out there?’ is closed to new replies.