Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me some Llyn peninsular rides?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

We’re in Abersoch next week and was wondering if anyone knew of any good rides on the peninsular? Cyb Cyb are probably going to be rammed and instead of driving 2 hours a day I was hoping there would be some good local-ish loops.

Thanks guys.

mattmbk
    Free Member

Been there numerous times and never found anywhere decent and legal to ride. Bridleways are few and far between, almost all the land is privately owned with no access allowed. Found a few green lanes to explore but more suited to cx bike than MTB. I’d travel to CyB or Penmachno.

wors

There is a big lump called snowdon just up the road 😉

grannygrinder
    Free Member

There is a DH track/course near Dwygyfylchi up the road from ‘The national centre for welsh language’ very steep and looks quite ‘hardcore’ ends near the beach and cafe.
    If thats your thing?

eyerideit
    Free Member

wors – Member
    There is a big lump called snowdon just up the road

That’s the big hill across the bay isn’t it?

I will be going to Cyb, but was hoping to ride every day without lots of driving.

Thanks GG, I might check it out although XC/Trails are more my thing.

mmel
    Free Member

I’m down Abersoch way around once a month and am yet to find any “proper” riding on the peninsula. I know some locals who go up on the headland above Hell’s Mouth but it’ll be legally dubious and not worth the hassle. For me it’s always a case of jump in the car and point it in the direction of CyB 8)

Rorschach
    Free Member

I lived there for 6 years…there ain’t much 🙁
    Awesome roadbike territory though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend me some Llyn peninsular rides?’ is closed to new replies.