Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Llanberis and Beddgelert lower level route suggestions?
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Off to Snowdonia at the weekend and trying to work out some alternative rides to the big mountain offerings given the amount of snow still persisting. Its been 20 years since I rode round Beddgelert and apart from a mate breaking his forks on his Orange Clockwork in a river crossing I can’t remember anything! So I’d appreciate any route suggestions for this area for good fun techy mountain biking please.

ampthill

I was there last week.

we went to Coed y Brenin

The snow is failry high still

So I think telegraph pass up from Llanberis down The Snowdon Ranger should be clear. Although you need to know from some one who has ridden it to be sure

On walks snow was patchy at around 300m. Nothing below that

tomaso
    Free Member

Llanberis mountain rescue’s website doesn’t give me any optimism for the weekends big mountain adventures!

Ground Conditions

Latest: 07/04/2013 15:18 The risk of slab avalanche has reduced though there is still a risk of cornice collapse. Vast sections of compacted and icy snow on main paths makes conditions underfoot very difficult. Crampons and ice axe are essential. Frozen snow above 400 metres.

muddyground
    Free Member

For an early morning spin out, ride North out of Beddgelert to the first station then hook a right and go up to the old quarry on the ridge. It’s a bit “go up, come down” with nothing inbetween but on the ridge line you get some cracking views. If you’re as stupid as me, bike-a-hike over the ridge itself then down the other side to the waterfall and back into Beddgelert. From memory you only go to around 600m, so should be below thew snow line. Clambering over the ridge is as stupid as it sounds though….. so perhaps a road ride out to the path to the waterfalls then an off road climb up the valley to the lake.

tomaso
    Free Member

Thanks muddyground that sounds fun and I do stupid quite well

muddyground
    Free Member

Don’t forget cheesy chips in town followed by an ice cream…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Llanberis and Beddgelert lower level route suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.