Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Living Legends?
  • alpin
    Free Member

MC Grindah

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Joss Naylor, unquestionably.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@RustySpanner

Blake, is that you?

Niche, and nicely done!

jag61

Going for billy Connolly and toyah both as mad as a box of frogs

DezB
    Free Member

No, sorry jekkyl, I wouldn’t normally bother disputing shit like this, but no way can you bestow legendary status on Lenny Kravitz.
    Legends are the absolute best in the world at what they do, or innovators, genuine unique one-offs. Just cos you like him and he does lots of stuff averagely, doesn’t make him a legend. Its not even that I dislike him, he’s just… meh.

Floyd Mayweather is one. Can’t stand the sight of him, but unbeatable in his era. Living legend.

[edit] Yeah, Lenny pulled Lisa Bonet and made Zoe – awesome work, but not legendary 😁

DezB
    Free Member

A music one – Brian Eno

CheesybeanZ

Ann Wilson
    Dolly Parton
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Alice Cooper
    Tony Iommi

dannyh
    Free Member

Alastair Cook
    Roger Federer
    Desmond Tutu

Just off of the top of my head.

They are all mega stars in my eyes, but do it right in a proper role model way.

I also reckon if you put them in a room together with some microphones the resulting conversation would be fascinating.

Caher

Should have added Brian O’Driscoll.

irc

Seconding Alex Ferguson. A born leader. Age 18 was (along with Billy Connolly) on the union committe of the Glasgow Apprentice strike in 1959.

Won a European trophy with Aberdeen then the rest is history with MU.

Before that he was sacked by St Mirren. An industrial tribunal ruling he had “neither by experience nor talent, any managerial ability at all”.

He fell out with the board after amongs other issues a tour of Guyana where he went on as a sub to knobble the opposing centre half who the ref had failed to deal with.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/when-alex-ferguson-got-sacked-st-mirren-40-years-job-made-him

binners

Eric Cantona was a brilliant player in a great United team of the time but for me, the real legend was Sir Alex Furguson. His domination of the top of English football was incredible and I’m fairly sure will never be surpassed.

Fergie is a given. A true Legend. I can’t see anyone even getting close to his achievements in the game. I love the fact that he’s sat there at every game with his mask and his flat cap on, but as a genuine fan. My Scouse mate Rob is convinced that he’s taken over actually managing the team again and Ole is merely his mouthpiece and public front

metalheart
    Free Member

I see someone already mentioned Keith Richards but not Iggy Pop (least not that I noticed). Both legendary just for still being alive…

I’d also add Patti Smith.

I wouldn’t class either Greta Thunberg or Marcus Rashford as legendary. But they’ve certainly made great starts down that road.

Unfortunately Joe Brown no longer qualifies 😢

northernsoul

Kate Adie.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wayne Gretzky.

dannybgoode

To balance out with another female nomination. Margaret H Hamilton.

paule
    Free Member

From my other sport, fell running, I’d go for Joss Naylor, Nicky Spinks, Killian Jornet and Jasmin Paris.

Cycling wise, definitely Graeme Obree. Maybe Julie Furtado and John Tomac from MTB past?

Outside of sports I’d agree with Obama (how the hell did they go from him to the last 4 years??) and David Attenborough.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Scotty Cranmer, Dennis Skinner, Dick Lucas

boabym

In my particular industry, Gordon Murray absolute legend, innovator, designer and all round petrol head

binners

Jeremy Corbyn? 😀

sandboy

My Scouse mate Rob is convinced that he’s taken over actually managing the team again and Ole is merely his mouthpiece and public front

I have to admit, that very thought had crossed my mind. I reckon he’s been getting under the wife’s feet at home and decided it was something to do to get out of the way!😀

ransos
    Free Member

Desmond Tutu.

chakaping
    Free Member

No, sorry jekkyl, I wouldn’t normally bother disputing shit like this, but no way can you bestow legendary status on Lenny Kravitz.

Next you’re gonna say Jamiroquois doesn’t count either.

🙁

Iggy Pop

Hell yeah. Top of the list.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Re fergie.. I was always kind of dubious that it was the manager that made the team rather than the players, but Sir Alex proves that is absolutely the case. Absolutely a legend.

The thing that still leaves me scratching me head though..1986..a Scottish side brimming with top top class players. With the greatest manager to ever live at the helm

And we still couldn’t make it out the group stages..

tomhoward

Jeremy Corbyn? 😀

This is a legends thread. Not deities…🙄😉

DezB
    Free Member

Next you’re gonna say Jamiroquois doesn’t count either

Who?

metalheart
    Free Member

Jamiroquoi:

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nick Clegg 😂

Sir Bobby Charlton is the biggest LL I can think of.

anagallis_arvensis

Kris Kristofferson, song writing legend and was Rubber Duck!

fettlin

Serena Williams.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Billy Connolly

singletrackmind

Michael Phelps 23 gold medals
    Valentino Rossi just because

gowerboy

Freya Hoffmeister
    Baaba Maal
    Jane Goodall (although somone will probably say she has been discredited or something)
    Dalai Lama
    Rigoberta Menchú

hooja
    Free Member

Yvon Chouinard
    Chris bonnington
    Conrad anker
    Tommy Caldwell
    Lyn hill
    Mick Fowler
    Johnny dawes
    Alex honnold

Too many more to list…

Spin
    Free Member

Joss Naylor, unquestionably.

I got a Joss Naylor handshake at a prize presentation once. Haven’t washed it since. Might have mentioned that before… 🙂

blitz

Surprised he hasn’t been mentioned already…

Kenny Dalglish

thols2

Lin Wood

dannybgoode

Ling

whitestone
    Free Member

Out of the “Golden Age” of British mountaineering there’s only Chris Bonington left now that Doug Scott and Joe Brown have passed away. (My wife used to work for Joe – it’s how we met – and we’d often meet him when walking the dog). Yvon Chouinard, definitely.

Jos Naylor’s a good shout as is Kilian Jornet.

From music: Jimmy Page – oh hang on he’s not a legend he’s a “rock god”!!

Buzz Aldrin, Jim Lovell. In fact any of those guys.

singletrackmind

Who was the bloke who jigsawed off jis fingers… Not wca… But him

convert

Dickie Bird. For no real reason other than being Dickie Bird

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Living Legends?’ is closed to new replies.