Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Quick look at the new Liv Intrigue LT
  • Ben_Haworth

The Liv Intrigue LT series is the brand’s first mullet. With 160mm up front and 150mm in the rear, it’s the most travel Liv currently too.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Liv Intrigue LT

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

Bruce

Is Liv not part of Giant and will these bikes have the same stunningly great warranty as Giant bikes?

zilog6128

would be astounded if anyone who reads the forum buys a (new) Giant/Liv tbh given the recent thread

ads678

I was out before I even opened the thread!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Only here for the comments 🤣

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Trolling at its finest 👏

sc-xc

Frame sizes XS and S are solely designed with a mixed-wheel configuration–29-inch wheel up front and 27.5-inch wheel in the rear. This mixed-wheel configuration optimizes rear wheel travel and provides a nimble rear end and a fast-rolling, stable front end. Frame sizes M and L come out of the box with 29-inch wheels up front and in the rear, but are mixed-wheel compatible, providing riders with a customizable riding experience should they choose to swap to a 27.5-inch wheel in the rear.

Thus voiding any warranty.

vlad_the_invader

Lol!

nuke

Warranty denied as I stripped the bike down?

Giant have done it now as members on here have a notoriously long memory…every Giant/Liv related thread for the next decade will have this link

a11y

Giant have done it now as forumites on here have a notoriously long memory…every Giant/Liv related thread for the next decade will have this link

Memory may be long, but as per the Unexpected consequences of aging thread forumites might not remember all the details (or indeed why theu opened a thread on Giant bikes).

5plusn8
    Free Member

I was literally waiting for this, I bet every single bit of giant uk’s marketing literature has encouragements to void the warranty. Hilarious.

matt_outandabout

Giant have done it now as members on here have a notoriously long memory…every Giant/Liv related thread for the next decade will have this link

See Superstar Components.

mrhoppy

It looks like a cracking bike.

5plusn8
    Free Member

cracking

: )

stanley

It’s properly funny how the STW staff have started trolling us lot.
    Or have they got it in for Giant too?

5plusn8
    Free Member

I am pretty sure they just copied the Giant press release.

I mean this part of the screed below positively encourages you to fettle. It seems like the want you to change the flip chip on the mountain to suit the terrain? Which, in the immortal words above would thereby invalidate the warranty.

Featuring the new flip chip Maestro 3, riders can change the head tube angle, seat tube angle, and bottom bracket height to high, mid, or low settings depending on the terrain and wheel configuration. On average, the change between each of the three positions is 0.4 degrees for the head tube and seat tube angles and 5mm of bottom bracket drop. For frame sizes M and L, the flip chip also enables the change of rear wheel size between 27.5-inch and 29-inch, providing stability for different terrain and riding preference.

It would be really funny if it wasn’t so bloody sad.

desperatebicycle

That’s what sc-xc said

stanley
    It’s properly funny how the STW staff have started trolling us lot.

Can it be pure coincidence that there are Giant/Liv stories suddenly appearing?

midlifecrashes

Will you need a Giant authorised mechanic to fit and remove the snacks from the onboard storage too?

StuE
    Free Member

What’s going on with the seatpost? and would you have to take it to a Giant authorised dealer to have it adjusted

IdleJon

What’s going on with the seatpost? and would you have to take it to a Giant authorised dealer to have it adjusted

looks like there’s not enough seatpost in the frame, possibly leading to a crack in the ST/TT junction.

Are Giant trolling the population of STW?

danposs86

Love how this has spilled onto the Pinkbike’s article comments too!

rootes1

just in the same manner that anyone posts anything involving a monorail… requires automatic Simpsons quotes….

it will be the same now on for Giant…

“What’s it called?

“Warranty…

Warranty..

Once again!

Warranty!”

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.