Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)
  • Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ahhhhhh – my OCD is fed. Thank you.

philconsequence
    Free Member

anytime :mrgreen: I aim to please

Pembo
    Free Member

Inappropriate use of the word “organic”

Newspapers saying “sources close to …”. In other words we made the next bit up to make it sound more interesting.

People who leap up as soon as the aeroplane stops, usually just before the seat belt light goes out and grab all their belongings from the overhead locker as if it means they will get off the plane quicker. If I’m in an aisle seat I just carry on reading my book and the person in the window seat is usually half stood up with their head touching the overhead locker. You can feel the stress rising as the plane starts to empty and I’m sat with my seatbelt done up.

If anyone reading this is sat in 4A on the 0715 from Manchester to LHR in the morning don’t be in a hurry when we land 😉

llama

+1 for rushing off the plane

Especially for long haul flights, as if getting off the plane 30 seconds earlier matters in the course of a 12 hour journey, when you are going to have to wait for your luggage anyway.

Plus why do people, when there is a massive queue for check-in, only start looking for their documentation when they get to the desk? Where they surprised that they needed it?

Oh and on the news when they say things like ‘the car lost control’ or ‘the car skidded off the road’ as if it was all the fault of the car and not the person driving it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The guy sitting across from me on the train at the moment. If he makes one more call to discuss databases and running scripts he’s getting his phone rammed up his dbase.

stucol
    Free Member

Those who having obviously been stuck on the train for 15 hours (20 mins ?) must light up the second they get outside the station.

Or on the way home, they must stand at the station entrance (Glasgow Central is terrible for it), having a last drag whilst simultaneously blocking the frickin entrance and forcing me to walk through a haze of carcinogens !

Can you guess smokers annoy me ?

Oh and the Japanese have the right idea about taking a very dim view of mobile phone use on a train. ” OH LOOK, ANOTHER LIFE OR DEATH CALL ABOUT WHAT’S FOR DINNER !” AAAARRRGGGHHHH.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Large children standing in shopping trolleys (not little ones in the proper seats)

iDave
    Free Member

unnecessary complexity

iDave
    Free Member

And Robert Peston’s bloody doom-laden smart arse voice

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Especially for long haul flights, as if getting off the plane 30 seconds earlier matters in the course of a 12 hour journey, when you are going to have to wait for your luggage anyway.

Always just wait for everyone else to get off, then you can have a scout about for stuff they’ve left behind, like duty free, cameras, music players, passports… Bonus! 😀

emsz
    Free Member

Telly’s use of Intro by the XX.

Yes it’s a good track, use something else please!

boblo
    Free Member

****ts walking down the fing street texting and not looking where they’re going. I just stand in front of them now 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 201 through 212 (of 212 total)

The topic ‘Little things that annoy you but really shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.