Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pike travel adjustment
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So I’ve purchase a Stanton switchback to build up at my leisure and looking at the forks I was gonna just get some revelations. I run pike on the bronson but the stanchions have a mark from a stone flicking up and the paint is worn on the crown as it’s made of mud! so someone suggesting getting another set of pikes in 140mm and swapping bits around between the forks so I have new 150 and slightly marked 140 as its only a hardtail and the real quality wants to be on the bronson. Has anyone swapped bits between two sets of likes rather than just fitting bits to a fork to make them longer etc? Easy job feesible?

BigDummy
    Free Member

its only a hardtail and the real quality wants to be on the bronson

This is exactly the sort of thing that causes the universe to flick stones up and your mark stanchions. Be warned.

😀

BadlyWiredDog

It’s the same as ‘just fitting bits to a fork to make them longer etc’ but you do it twice. It’s not a difficult job if you’re half competent. This gives you a pretty clear idea of what’s involved:

http://blahblahbikeblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/reducing-rockshox-pike-rct3-solo-air.html

If the wheel sizes are the same it’s easy enough. If you were mixing 29er/650b/26″ forks the air shafts give different travel on each fork, but they’re both 650b right?

I feel sorry for your hardtail. Social services should be involved here… 😐

singlespeedstu

I’d just check that the CSU’s on the 140 are long enough for the 150 fork.
    The 150 and 160 share the same CSU but the 140 CSU has a different part No.
    Whether that’s because they have no sag markings on the 140 or because they’re a different length is unclear.

You could always just buy a new 150 fork and a 140 airspring to fit in your old 150.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yeah it occurred to me the markings for the 160 uppers so I did wonder whether the 140 and 150 were interchangeable. Good idea on just buying 150 forks and lowering the other down tho!

RickDraper
    Free Member

All 650b Solo air pikes use the same CSU regardless of travel. They only differ between Solo air and Dual Position air.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pike travel adjustment’ is closed to new replies.