Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Lightweight singlespeeds …. show yours off!
  • R.lepecha

I dont understand why my SS is 32lb. I mean ive just worked it out. If I put carbon forks on it. Lost 400grams on the wheelset and got slightly lighter bars, stem, seatpost. It would loose about 6lb.

Still no where near 22-23lb that you guys get!

Merak

No lightweight though. :mrgreen:

onandon
    Free Member

Litespeed Obed M Frame 1530
    Mortop Headset 60
    Trigon Forks 493
    Ameriacn classic wheels 1404
    KCNC Ti Skewers 45
    Kenda Klimax tires 660
    Maxxis flyweight tubes 160
    Wellgo M111 pedals 240
    KCNC ISIS Crank/bolts 470
    Renthal 32Chain ring 35
    KCNC BB/bolts 155
    KCNC VB-1 brakes F/R 250
    XTR Cables 78
    KCNC Seat clamp 10
    KMC x9SL Chain 210
    Kestrel Bars 110
    Syntace F99 90mm Stem 96
    143 toupe Saddle 170
    KCNC Post 153
    Pork rind grips 17
    superstar 14t Sprocket 28

6374g 14.05 lbs

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

21lb Scandal
    [/url][/img]

sebgt
    Free Member

about 23-24lbs, now with M520’s and Stylo stem

trickydisco
    Free Member

Got some lightweight carbon bars and rocket rons at the moment. around the 22lb mark

oxym0r0n

Wow, that Obed is slightly obsessive…

IMG_6338 by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

With summer tyres this has to be around 22-23lb

robnorthcott
    Free Member

Litespeed Obed M Frame 1530
    Mortop Headset 60
    Trigon Forks 493
    Ameriacn classic wheels 1404
    KCNC Ti Skewers 45
    Kenda Klimax tires 660
    Maxxis flyweight tubes 160
    Wellgo M111 pedals 240
    KCNC ISIS Crank/bolts 470
    Renthal 32Chain ring 35
    KCNC BB/bolts 155
    KCNC VB-1 brakes F/R 250
    XTR Cables 78
    KCNC Seat clamp 10
    KMC x9SL Chain 210
    Kestrel Bars 110
    Syntace F99 90mm Stem 96
    143 toupe Saddle 170
    KCNC Post 153
    Pork rind grips 17
    superstar 14t Sprocket 28

6374g 14.05 lbs
    Blimey – that makes my unicycle (and my road bike for that matter) seem positively lardy 😯
    Is it strong enough?!

will
    Free Member

on and on – Impressive!

That Bontrager on the previous page looks nice too 🙂

Mine, in at around 19lbs, could take another 2lbs or so off, but that would cost money.

This is how it was first built and gives you a better idea

onandon
    Free Member

strong and very fun. I have no issues with pretty aggressive riding and don’t think twice about strength or breakages.

Obsessive, No. I had most of the parts in the shed. It was just a matter of waiting for the right frame to come along so they could all be used.

One of my all time fave bikes – this single speed thing could catch on 🙂

I’ve been thinking of putting the parts on my Carbon XTC frame. should be looking at 13.3 lbs LOL

tk46hal
    Free Member

Scandal 29er S/S fully rigid, just under 20lb!

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

My Cannondale Taurine when it was only one-geared… As is, it was 19lbs. How there are steel bikes on here that are much lighter is beyond me. Unfortunately I don’t have this any more as I had to trim the fleet down a little… Gutted! 🙁 One day I may get another one as similar to this as I can.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

tk46hal
    Free Member

There seems to be some confusion how to get a S/S mountain bike to weigh around the low 20’s mark!
    My answer!
    Frame.
    Wheels and tyres.

Get this right and your on the way to the low 20’s for a 29er and sub 20’s for the little wheeled bikes! 😆

Oh! I nearly forgot!!!! MONEY!!!!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Smuzzy,

I believe you!!! The Scandal is a light frame!!! 😉

It’s good to see you had some change left from the kitchen to do the bike! 😆

Off to work now!

tazzymtb

don’t see the point of a weight weenie singlespeed 😉

weights from 19.2lb to a whopping 22.5lb!

dont’t have any pics of my old scandium voodoo sobo in singlespeed guise but that was just under 17lbs (it did have ikkle wheels though)

Andy

What bar ends please Tazzymtb?

….and I’m not posting a pic of my Swift, because at 24lbs with front suspension its not lightwieght! Might post a photo of the ridgeline when its done though..

tazzymtb

andy, there are some ergon race jobbos on the salsa, look iffy but very very good

and the some serfas ones on the on-ones. Singletrack solutions ones from the states are fantastically light but not very crash proof, I killed my uber light ones and vent back to the slightly heavier serfas ones.

D0NK

Lickle mountain bikes look good, a lot better than gates like mine but lickle 29ers (sorry tazzy) just look weird.

imho of course.

qwerty
    Free Member

JTS with WI EE

from this

to this

rims **** into unuseable after 2 winters trail riding

its all in the seasons 😀

its going to be converted into non niche core 105 10spd shortly as i got steep hills on my doorstep now

anyone wants a 700c SS / fixed wheelset with heavily worn open pros – email in profile

tomlevell

23.48lbs with Racing Ralphs on that I’m currently using and not including the bottle. Note – scales used have not been calibrated but if they’re good enough for cooking…

Still a way to go with bars/stem/seatpost specifically but no money or justification at the moment.

Simple by tomlevell, on Flickr

tazzymtb

DONK- I agree the ikkle on-one was a weird looking little beastie. Stupidly fast and could be a bit too “lively” when flat out. A bit like Kato from the pink panther, one minute all is fine, the next minute it’s jumped out of wardrobe trying to kill you with an iron

the selma is a much more sensible bike for a nice sensible chap like myself

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB, do you use a lefty4all for that setup? How do you get on with it?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just to be different, here is a picture of a singlespeed bicycle actually being ridden, not propped up against a post/tree etc or all shiny and unridden looking in someone’s kitchen or garden.

As you can see, it is so light it floats several inches from the ground. Which, considering it weighs a portly 27lbs even without all the paraphernalia, is really quite remarkable.

I manage to negate the considerable weight disadvantage by actually just riding and enjoying the thing, rather than obsessing over things that really don’t need obsessing about…. 😉

sc-xc

^ and your boobs look nice in that photo 😀

tazzymtb

elfin, most of us don’t take pictures when we’re out as we are too busy having fun riding 😉

I take it the piccy of you was taken by a concerned parent worried about the strange man trying to groom all the children in the woods 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No it was taken by PeterPoddy. That some children being in the picture automatically makes you think of noncery is a rather worrying reflection on yourself, I’d say. 😕

and your boobs look nice in that photo

Thank you, but tell me, tell me:

Does my bum look big in that photo?

sc-xc

Not at all Fred. I see you have tried to fashion some kind of arse-fascinator from your coat though…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

arse-fascinator

😆

D0NK

just riding and enjoying the thing, rather than obsessing over things that really don’t need obsessing about

I’d obsess about the positioning of that rear mudguard if I was you

brassneck

It’s not terribly light weight, and it’s a dodgy phone pic, and worse yet it’s probably a size too big for me – but it’s a bucketload of fun 🙂

Sadly now returned to gears for the sunnier times to tow children around.

tazzymtb

Sadly now returned to gears for the sunnier times to tow children around.

SPLITTER!

samuri
    Free Member

No idea on the actual weight but I reckon I’m pretty near the top of the lightness list for this thread.

Van tuyl by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

tazzymtb

there are pics on the net of sub 14lb niner carbon single speed and singular have a pegasus down to beautifully light as well (17lb is from memory)

ace weights for big wheelers

zigzag69
    Free Member

Fat Chance Wicked:

19.5lbs

letmetalktomark

Not the one I was looking for but impressive sub 15lb for a big wheeler :

Cool bikes.

Thank you to all that have posted – some great inspiration and ideas.

Plus great new word learned ….. arse-fascinator

b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

O-O Scandal was 18.9lb

Litespeed Obed was 18.6lb

martymac

pmsl at some of the bikes on here, ive just stuck my p7 on the scales and its 29.2 lbs. with slicks on.
    can barely believe it, it rides great tho.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Being an Inbred it’s not actually all that light though! I’d be surprised if it’s much lighter than my Epic in fact.

turboferret

Possibly the worst photo in the world, but this is my SS rigid Tinbred

Weighs in at about 18.5lbs, although I’m not sure if that includes the spare tube taped to the saddle 🙂

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight singlespeeds …. show yours off!’ is closed to new replies.