Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lights advice
  • trailertrash

There seem to be some good prices around for lights at the moment, what with it being summer and new models coming out.

Has anyone got any advice on the best make and model to buy for proper off road night riding in mixed moorland/woods/singletrack?

Ta!

z1ppy

Best value:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/that-50-quid-dx-bike-light-dissed-disected-oh-sod-it-its-not-good-news

There'll be lots of mention of Hope et all, but pure and simple if you want a decent light for not a lot of money buy the P7 bike light or one of their torches.
    Hope and lupine are so over priced for what they are now, it's unreal.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Second what z1ppy said, and then fire them off to Trout for some mods…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Or if you CBA'd get a Hope Vision 2

montylikesbeer

3rdid as above.

The technology has moved on at such a pace suppliers such as Lupine and even Petzl who once drove the market with innovative products probably due to what might be described as restricted purchasing and development are not making use of the latest LED technology and bringing costs down.

Sure the design and manufacture of these big players is more than right up there, but in the case of Lupine over £600 for a Betty 14 does not wash any more.

For this price you should be getting cutting edge but you are not.

takisawa2

I've championed the DealExtreme "SKU12060" P7 torches ever since I bought a pair last winter. They've been excellent. I sold a Hope HID to fund their purchase & have never regretted it. Use one on the bars & one on the helmet, I cant imagine needing any more light than that. Also great on the road bike for dazzling tossers turning left across my path. 👿 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lights advice’ is closed to new replies.