Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • "Light weight" bash guard options for 1×9.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Looking at getting a bash ring to go with the 1×9 I am setting up. What light weight options are there.? I don't really need a bash guard for its intended purpose of protecting the rings but I do need one to hold my hone crankset in one piece.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Gamut

qwerty
    Free Member

💡 Blackspire ❓

househusband

I've got a couple of BBG bash rings – I think you'd be hard pushed to beat them on value.

tails
    Free Member

Why'd you need it to hold the crankset together? Do you have chainguide mounts? i'd guess a plastic one.

poppa
    Free Member

Is your crankset falling apart then?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not really looked at it but would'nt I need something in place of the big ring.?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

No- you can use spacers instead, or short chainring bolts

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ok.

What ring would I fit.? One without ramping and pins.? And one that looks better than the standard middle ring.

thomthumb
    Free Member

you need something to hold the chain on ime. either bash and n-gear or a mrp type guide.

i was going to suggest bbg.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

What size are you after? A DH or singlespeed chainring has deeper teeth so the chain stays on better.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

titanium bashgaurd? 69g for a 32t 4 bolt.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hmmm…

Probably a 32 tooth with a Paul's chain keeper.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Salsa chainring 🙂

anotherstan
    Free Member

surly chainring 😐

james
    Free Member

FSA plastic one. Claimed to be 50g. Much lighter than the truvativ one when 'weighed by hand'
    Cheap(ish) at £16 on CRC

poppa
    Free Member

If you don't have a bashguard or outer ring you will need shorter chainring bolts.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘"Light weight" bash guard options for 1×9.’ is closed to new replies.