Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Light Bicycle carbon rims
  • hodge100
    Free Member

Hi, does anyone know of a uk shop/company selling these rims built up on Hope pro 4 hubs? Thanks.

andyl
    Free Member

I suspect you would be much better getting them to build them for you by the time you pay for someone in the UK to import them and build them.

Failing that find someone who will supply the hubs and spokes and build onto rims of your choice. They might give you a better deal on the build price if you are getting nice new Hope hubs off them.

smatkins1
    Free Member

A friend of mine bought his from ubyk, they have them on their website. I bought mine from LB themselves, they were fantastic to deal with direct.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

LB offer hope hubs in their built wheels?

I’ve seen LB rims in UK shops, but they’re not cheap anymore (import tax, shops margin, etc).

andyl
    Free Member

LB offer hope hubs in their built wheels?

They do indeed offer a selection of hubs: https://www.lightbicycle.com/carbon-mtb-650b-wheel-mountain-bike-27-5-wheels.html

Potdog
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon indeed they do. Just priced a pair up with hope hubs etc on a whim $1116 !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno why I put a question mark there, it was meant as a statement!

Just looked at LB prices, they’re charging almost $900 for a wheelset or $360 for the rims, seem’s a no brainier to buy the hubs in the UK and build them yourself, even if you have to pay someone it’s probably cheaper.

[edit – crossed posts, I must have picked cheaper options!]

hodge100
    Free Member

I have found them on ukbyk, for £995 a pair with hope pro 4 hubs, that seems like a good deal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Light Bicycle carbon rims’ is closed to new replies.