Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Life's not good
  • JulianA
    Free Member

MrsJulianA has acute sciatica, I’m probably not getting paid for the time I’m taking off to look after her (and I’m really skint) and I feel really sh*t after drinking too much beer (home made, before you ask!).

There will be better times around the corner, I’m sure.

Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Chin up old chap, you should have a wicked hangover to take your mind off it. Your wife will get better and you always get by, just a phase, it will pass.

Good luck!

sc-xc

Acute sciatica is better than a nasty sciatica!

All the best, this fug will lift….just remember – one day, this will be twenty years ago.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I feel really sh*t after drinking too much beer

That’s what alcohol does ……puts you on a downer after the initial uplift.

If you want to feel less depressed, don’t drink.

JulianA
    Free Member

Many thanks, guys, sure this will all pass, but it feels crap right now.

Sorry e_l, no alcohol is not an option – and I don’t do hangovers.

My employers are great to work for – very understanding.

Another cigar and some more beer, I think. Cigar coming right up…

Grapefruit
    Free Member

Happier times round the corner I’m sure julianA. I’ve got fused vertebrae and six screws in my spine after years worth of spine-related agony – kept me off a bike and out of action properly for years. I work in social care so also know of the injustices faced by personal carers. Stay tough dude – The light is darkest just before the dawn as they say. Best wishes for good recovery (both physically and fiscally).

coffeeking
    Free Member

Alcohol, even nice cheap home-made alcohol, is bloody aweful for feeling down. It’s a mood enhancer – never touch the stuff if you’re feeling down!

Hope the unpleasantries fade and life picks up again soon, it always does.

5AM
    Free Member

I was in a similar situation earlier in the year, and one of my housemates looked after me as I didn’t have any family that could.
    She made me breakfast before leaving for work, left me lunch, fluids, snacks for during the day; and cooked me dinner when she came home.
    I am incredibly grateful for everything she did, but I have to say with all the drugs I was on I didn’t really need someone there for the majority of the time as I was very out of it.
    Just a suggestion and obviously you’d need to discuss with the other half, but maybe you could go in to work for a few hours or do some from home.
    (I completely understand if you wouldn’t want to, but having been through it-and it was the worst 2 months of my life- it got to the point where I just wanted to be by myself because nothing anyone did was helping.)
    Obviously that could get some money coming in if it is a worry, but it is only a suggestion.
    Wishing you all the best, and for your other half I can recommend the use of Ice packs and Tenz machines.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that.

Sciatica is a symptom of an underlying ailment, have the docs diagnosed what that ailment is and have they put in place a treatment plan ?

In my case the sciatica was caused by a slipped disc (old skool parlance) and it took an MRI scan to diagnose. Once diagnosis made then intensive physio work sorted me out and I’ve been fine ever since, touch wood.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Life's not good’ is closed to new replies.