Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Liam killeen
  • geologist
    Free Member

So he is a class act, I watched him win the national cx title in Shrewsbury at the weekend. Is he no longer competing in mtb ?

qwerty
    Free Member

He was at the 2015 FoD XC enduro, he cruised effortlessly past me at the end of his 4th lap, I was on my third, I don’t think he was even muddy. Sub 3hrs for him, 4.5hrs for me. Nice to be on the same start line, together, but not for long!!!!

jimster01

Pretty sure that he is,he did a couple of rounds of the nationals last year. Don’t know who he’s riding for though.

cp

Riding for specialized.

qwerty
    Free Member

Was a blur of green sworks when he passed me.

prawny

He was riding at the nationals series at cannock last year. Not sure where it all went wrong for him, he was unbeatable years ago, then just quietly disappeared. He’s still one of the best Brits though, I think all the new xc talent is funnelled into road racing cos that’s where the money is.

cp

He got ill years ago, was it chronic fatigue or something similar. He’s also had more than his fair share of bad luck with crashes in big races.

I used to race with him back in the day (loose term, we were in the same category)

I saw him riding at a round of the ndcxl series a couple of weeks ago, sheer class, totally ‘at one’ with the bike.

Well chuffed to see him get the national cx title at the weekend.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

When you watch him ride you know he’s one of those who has ‘it’. But blimey he’s had so bad luck, some fatigue related virus while at Spesh while he was one of the best in the world, badly broken ankle at London 2012 and then apparently a broken pelvis when hit by a car on a training ride.

His win at the CX Nationals shows his class, to beat Ian Field who rides cross full time by that margin is incredible.

I wonder if he’ll ride some UCi ranked races to get ranking points to help BC get an olympic space!

MikeWW
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back and riding National XC and perhaps a bit more. He has done well to get back from illness and broken bones. He has also spent a lot of time with Malvern Cycing Club helping to develop the youths there who have come on leaps and bounds as a result.

jimster01

He’s been picked for the CX World’s,but according to the BC website he retired from the mountain bike squad in 2013.

Speshpaul

I’ve always admired him on a bike. Had a nice chat with him last week at the Nationals, lovely guy. But what a great win! I hope he can take that Jersey in to europe this year and do us proud

(oh, but that Nick Craig eh! what a star:-))

steve_b77
    Free Member

I saw him down at Bristol Oktoberfest racing there, cruising past everyone almost on auto pilot

sefton
    Free Member

he lapped me on Sunday at the end of my 3rd lap. brilliant win that was on pretty much a runners course (same at Bradford)

I’d be very surprised if he didn’t go onto race a full MTB calender

markgraylish
    Free Member

He got a mention on a recent GCN show. Just won a CX.race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Liam killeen’ is closed to new replies.