• This topic has 61 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Lets see your Drop Offs
  • honourablegeorge

Yeah, would love to have lots of that stuff local to me – only way you get confortable on it is doing it regularly, becomes second nature.

I know the techniques the same, whether one foot or ten, but the mental side of it isn’t.

kayak23

Yeah, would love to have lots of that stuff local to me

Steps, walls, loading docks etc…

I_Ache
    Free Member

I keep meaning to do those drops at Stile Cop, I know I can do them. They don’t even look hard compared to what I have done in the past but I keep bottling it. I am beginning to get annoyed at myself. What I need to do is ride with somebody who can do it and watch then follow them through. What I tend to do is go with people who are slower and crapper than me, no help at all.

james
    Free Member

Hmm lots of big drops going on above
    A little smaller
    (apologies for the image sizes, not sure how to reduce when linking from facebook)

a ‘touch’ dead sailor, since returned and done much smoother

well, I like the view. I realise the ‘proper’ drop is to clear the tarmac uprising a bit further to the right

again, another view

a friend

coffeeking
    Free Member

In a life with more practice time on my old trials bike, a hop to rear and off about 5-6ft…

turboferret

Done a few decent drops, generally takes me a while to psyche myself up for them, then really enjoy, until I nail myself of course 😀

Road gap at Coombe Sydenham is fun, although I think it’s got bigger of late. Couple of drops at UK Bike Park are also fun, still haven’t fully managed the not braking on the run-in though 🙂

No photos I’m afraid, probably for the best, it’d ruin my own mental image of how radcore I look 😆

Cheers, Rich

10pmix
    Free Member

Small one at Swinley, 2006

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Another one from GT…

Just remember…..

D0NK

^ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

That step down at Ae did look dead easy, just (hah just) needed a load of bottle. No way was I going to try it, I’d need to work up to something that big. The only staged step downs I know are at lee quarry and they’ve gone and stuck a tight right hander immediately after the landing, not much good for practising the actual step down then. (for me anyway)

SammyC
    Free Member

A different view:

😉

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

yeah the ladder drop at Stile Cop is Ace

Road drop at Cwm Carn is waay less scary that it looks, although the take off is quite sketchy

AlexSimon

Having done the Glentress ones, it’s interesting to see the two photos above.
    The first one makes it look really tame, the second is how I like to remember it 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Road drop at Cwm Carn is waay less scary that it looks, although the take off is quite sketchy

Road drop at Cwmcarn has been tamed to kerb size as they had to underpin the road.

Cor blimy, before they backfilled it, it was my big head-block and it took me a fair few uplifts to finally hit it properly. The chicken run was all too tempting. The day I finally did it will be etched in my memory forever as a proper milestone crossed. It wasn’t even that big after all the fuss 😆

user-removed
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    Having done the Glentress ones, it’s interesting to see the two photos above.
    The first one makes it look really tame, the second is how I like to remember it

The first one shows a guy riding off the middle ramp – the second shows a guy riding off the last (higher) ramp. I’ve only ever hit the middle one…

dasnut
    Free Member

Dasnut bins it.
    Lesson learnt, Don’t land with your brakes on 🙂

dasnut crashes on vimeo clicky

Still got the metal plate and 7 pins in my wrist to show for it…..

chiefgrooveguru

I do actually keep my eyes peeled for suitable urban drops in my locale but ones with a beginner friendly approach and run-out are few and far between!

Alex

Log Drop. Chicky.

IMG_0805 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Oh and the HT.. photographer somewhat missing the moment 😉

DSCN2735 by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

james
    Free Member

“lee quarry and they’ve gone and stuck a tight right hander immediately after the landing”

Ive crashed into/onto those right handers (from 2nd and 3rd lines on my sanderson). I thought I might be able to turn in time, but no ..
    Was going to try the 4th line but the right turn would have ridiculous

michaelmcc
    Free Member

nm

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Some of these drops look like cross country banks for horses too… am i right?

samcamsdad

here’s one from a few years agodrop in the woods

jedi
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your Drop Offs’ is closed to new replies.