Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Let's have a xmas beer thread.
  • postierich
    Free Member

Will post some pics from the Orange Tree Kirkby Lonsdale later on :0)

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Unfortunately not peterfile. I’m lucky enough to live near the adult sweet shop/most excellent off licence http://www.beerritz.co.uk

Give ’em a ring and see if they have any left.

peterfile
    Free Member

Ha! I used to live near the beeritz in leeds!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A ttrip to the LBS today produced for tonight’s supping, a Thornbridge Wild Raven, a Moor brewery Amoor and a bottle of the marvellous Great Bustard from Stonehenge Ales.

I is happy.

woody21
    Free Member

CFH – have you tried the Thornbridge Jaipur?

andycs

Called at Beer Ritz yesterday on way back from Harrogate. Dark Star Espresso, Brooklyn Chocolate Stout and Thornbidge Jaipur were some of the beers purchased for Christmas Day.

jeb
    Albanach
    Free Member

King of Biscuits, I don’t suppose you’re in Glasgow? I’ve called almost every beer shop in town trying to find somewhere that still has Anchor Christmas Ale in stock with no luck

I know Wholefoods in Giffnock stocks Anchor beers but I have no idea if they stock the Christmas Ale…I’ve tweeted them to see…I’ll let you know.

peterfile
    Free Member

albanach, you’re a gent. I hadn’t even thought of Whole Foods, it’s not far from me at all 🙂

ton

I tried a couple of new to me dark winter beers yesterday……so so disappointing really.
    I was expecting warmth and flavour…..just got bland and smooth with not much taste.

castle rock black gold
    thwaites hobnobber

peterfile
    Free Member

Do you like porter/stout ton?

Try these if you want a big flavour and loads of winter warmth (i’ve picked ones which you should be able to pick up easily):

Anchor Porter
    William Bros Midnight Sun
    Fyne Ales Sublime Stout (truly outstanding, had some of this at the brewery a few weeks back and it was good enough to warrant carrying a few to the top of a mountain that evening to enjoy)
    Fyne Ales Zombier
    Kernel (he does a couple of good stouts)
    William Bros March of the Penguins (not my cup of tea, really creamy, but others love it)

I’ll send you a bottle of my own porter and russian imperial stout if you like 🙂

thejesmonddingo

I thought I read a thread where ton said he was on the wagon?

yunki
    Free Member

I had a couple of bottles of Wychwood’s Bah Humbug before hitting the town on Friday..

Very pleasant with some sweet fruity Christmas flavours going on.. Good with Havana Club chasers

mikey74
    Free Member

And a very Maiden Christmas to you all:

Albanach
    Free Member

albanach, you’re a gent. I hadn’t even thought of Whole Foods, it’s not far from me at all

That’ve got quite a good selection hopefully you’ll get sorted

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve literally just been in Whole Foods, but no joy 🙁

What a horrible place though, I’ve never seen so many 4x4s, body warmers and 40 year old blonde women called Jules in the same place!

ton

I thought I read a thread where ton said he was on the wagon?

I fell off with a hard landing last night……….. 😕

yunki
    Free Member

aaah yes, the old falling off the wagon and getting tangled in the wheels and dragged four miles down the road before the wagon stops 😀

Keva
    Free Member

I had a couple of pints of Divine Yule Saison ale last night, what a beer! mmwaahh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jaipur is a fine drop. Lovely on draught too.

noteeth
    Free Member

I have just enjoyed a pint of Bath Ales Festivity… I am going to enjoy some more.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ve just opened a bottle of Ossett Brewery Yorkshire Blonde. I may have to go buy a few more tomorrow. 😀

beej

West Berkshire Brewery Yule Fuel here. Was sent a case by a friend in Leeds, which is slightly odd because the WBB is my local brewery.

ton

I’ve just opened a bottle of Ossett Brewery Yorkshire Blonde

Chip, local in rothwell, the black bull, is a ossett pub now.
    it is where I was yesterday.
    started on the blonde, the silver king, then 2 pints of dark tastless guest beer, then 6 or so more blondes.
    it is far too easy to sup and is not too strong, so good for a sesh….. 8)

kd48

This year I shall be mostly drinking Harviestoun Ales, notably Schiehallion lager and “Bitter & Twisted” – suits me.

carlos
    Free Member

Had a friend drop off a case of Birra Moretti earlier, so looking forward to a couple of them once chilled. Get in!!

brokensoul
    Free Member

Yorkshire Blonde’ll be my post-ride refreshment of choice in The King’s Arms on Christmas Eve, Ton.
    Fancy a ride out? 🙂

ton

Kings Arms on heath common mate?
    what time you riding?

brokensoul
    Free Member

That’s the one, Ton. 9:30 kick off. The plan is to get back to the pub for 12.

sparkyrhino

What they sell Yorkshire Blonde in’t Kings???you kept that quiet Chip 🙄

lapierrelady

We’ve been sessioning on York Brewerys’ Snow Flake recently, and very tasty it is too!

brokensoul
    Free Member

What they sell Yorkshire Blonde in’t Kings???you kept that quiet Chip 

I’ll let you buy me one on Tuesday.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Let's have a xmas beer thread.’ is closed to new replies.