Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Let Me See Your Alpine 160s
  • lank45
    Free Member

Looking at putting mine on a diet as it’s a fat little ****. Let’s see them then…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

hmmm, just gone from air lyriks to 55RC3Tis so added weight. D/P Minions, dropper post, easton flatboys, CCDB all bring the weight, but performance with it.

No idea how much mine weighs. Just know I love riding it.

Spain

Kerala, India

Verbier, Switzerland

SimonR

IMG_4700 by Simon_R, on Flickr

IMG_5481 by Simon_R, on Flickr

IMG_2653 by Simon_R, on Flickr

P1010961 by Simon_R, on Flickr

SimonR

Always preferred mine with air back and front – feels a bit more playful. Just gone for a fairly firm custom shock tune to give a bit more support in the bends – quite happy to give away a bit of plushness.

Put quite a lot of time in on Maxxis tyres with EVO sidewalls – seem to be quite robust with a good weight saving over dual-ply.

SLX chainset hasn’t given up yet and is much lighter that a DH version.

Other than that it’s all fairly standard stuff – all in weight about 33-34lbs.

dan45a
    Free Member

[/url][/img]
    [/url][/img]

Here’s mine…weighs about 34lb.

Went from a Fox 36 180 Van (top pic) to a 36 160 float, made a big difference to weight and technical climbing ability. Not quite as plush on the downs, but still very good.

Will never give up the CCDB though 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

What are Alpines like to ride compared to say an 06 Specialized Enduro?

I love my Enduro but am tempted by something newer. I have a HT now so my FS doesn’t need to be so much of an all rounder.

dan45a
    Free Member

I find the alpine quite a big hitter for the 160mm of travel it has. Had 180mm froggy before and its just as capable if not more so.

I use it as my big bike on uplift days and in the alps and it seems to cope very well.

I do the odd trail centre loop on it if I really want a workout.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s hard to say; the 05 – 06 Enduro is a bloody good bike.

It might be more of a subjective comparison of single pivot to FSR suspension. That will take until the end of time.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hellooooo Bike Verbier!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

yep, just posted a review thread. Back to UK with a bump (it hit 37C one afternoon 😯 ) 😥

GRAEMEJONES

At Ashness Bridge, most definitely not 37 c. 😉

johnnystorm

I’ve opted to hire one of these bad boys rather than beef up my Camber and ship it out to the Alps. I’m rather excited now! 😀

badgerbater
    Free Member

Out of interest, what size chainrings are you running and what is “standard” for the Alpine ‘cos it’s not mentioned on the Orange website.

Karl33to
    Free Member

oh go on then, if I must ….

Lac de Vonnes Châtel by Karl33to, on Flickr

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Let Me See Your Alpine 160s’ is closed to new replies.