Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Let me be the first to say….
  • emma82
    Free Member

Happy valentines day all :p

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m going to tinker with my bike on this otherwise pointless and demoralising day!

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t think the postman will be troubled with my letterbox today 🙁

allthegear
    Free Member

Something tells me I’m safe from a overflowing letterbox, too!!

However, Happy Valentines to you all!!

Rachel

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m hoping a couple of my mates have pulled through so the now recent ex can see just how popular I am 😉

drew the line at actually sending me one myself.

molgrips
    Free Member

Happy what now?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

my Girlfriend didnt get me a birthday card (1st time in 6 years) so im not getting her a valentines card.

petty i know but it is a pointless day!!

mogrim

Just feeling the lurve on this thread!

Made mrs. mogrim some white chocolate + pistachio cookies, so all is well chez mogrim and duty done.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Only a few times in my life have I had the anonymous Valentines Card, very enjoyable.

Am not expecting any this year 😡

bigyinn
    Free Member

Apparently my morning coffee was my valentines gift……
    *sighs*

bigyinn
    Free Member

al, did you send one to TJ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

BY: shhhhhhh!

squiff
    Free Member

Thanks for reminding me, better go and get the wive a card and some 50% off flowers from the petrol station that will dye after a couple of days

LoCo
    Free Member

squiff, go to the super market, the flowers will smell of petrol, she’ll know 😉

Mrs L, liked her card which was good, but as usual, her one to me was as usual a far better homemade one, as she’s quite arty 😳

ronjeremy
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    Something tells me I’m safe from a overflowing letterbox, too!!

However, Happy Valentines to you all!!

Rachel

sorry about that I appear to of mislaid your address…

as for me…

microwave meal for one anyone?

(at least i get a free evening for riding/bike tinkering!!)

Hairychested
    Free Member

My wife started a new job (first proper one in 5 years!) today, the best present ever – laptop, coffee, quiet. And I even got told to take 50 Euro and blow it on diesel (from her money)!
    Does a cake made yesterday evening (“so you aren’t hungry when I’m at work” – she said) count? Blueberry sponge cake with chocolate sauce and nobody wanting a slice 😛

Rorschach
    Free Member

This valentines day is very special to me…..First anniversary of being thrown out by the wife…she was so romantic.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Rors, my mum left my dad on the big V day, it only happen to real winners so don’t worry 😉

lagerfanny
    Free Member

My daughters boyfriends parents dropped her card, chocolates & cuddly bear off last night so she could wake up to them this morning!

She’s only 5 1/2 😯

trailmonkey

Ahh St Valentine – the patron saint of Thorntons, MoonPig and florists everywhere.

Bunnyhop

Mr b.h. took me away this weekend on an mtbing trip. Lots of mud, rain, wind, sleet but lots of giggling too.
    Who needs cards and chocolate. Time together is more important.

noteeth
    Free Member

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Conti Vert pros
    I love you.

sharki
    Free Member

I did go to an Abbey yesterday and marvel at the Architecture, however this does not make me a Christian. Valentines day is not only named after a saint it also suggests it’s a Christian day to celebrate love.

Call me a grumpy non traditionalist, that’s fine. I’ve got the other 364 days of the year to show anyone worthy of my love how much i care for them..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Row with the GF and slept on the sofa last night. Not feeling much love here at the moment 🙁

Mooly
    Free Member

Maybe you need to switch to Spanish mode Buzz!

Woody
    Free Member

She’s only 5 1/2

I had my hair cut today and the girl said her daughter had gone to school in a pink dress for the valentines party…………she is 5 next month 😯

TBH I think it’s all a bit weird and can understand the greetings card companies touting business in any age group they can…………..but schools !!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

How can one lowsey day cause so much strife, got her a card but nowt else, and am I getting nothing but grief over it, things arent great at the moment business wise & with my side of my family yet she lays it on. Effing valantines

emma82
    Free Member

oh dear, sorry to hear some people have fallen out! These sort of things put a lot of pressure on people to have the perfect day/time, kinda like Christmas so a little row feels ten times worse because of the day on which it happens. That’s why it is safer to ignore it.

Perhaps I’m just bitter about valentines because I have never had an anonymous card apart from one from my mum 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

TBH I think it’s all a bit weird and can understand the greetings card companies touting business in any age group they can…………..but schools !!

it’s all going a bit “american”; i.e. you get a card for valentines like you get a birthday card or a christmas card. If you don’t have a valentine, your folks are supposed to get you the card. Apparently

DrT
    Free Member

She’s only 5 1/2

My daughter (5) made a card for a boy in her class and got a card from him. Apparently she is going to marry him. Im worried.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All I can say is, there are many lucky ladies up and down the country, and indeed even in far flung lands, who have benefitted from my romantic nature today. 😀

I bring Love and Joy where there was Hate and Sorrow. I bring Light where there was Darkness.

allthegear
    Free Member

Elfin – you are unique!!

Rachel

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😀

scaredypants

I got to work this morning and there was a pink envelope on my desk and all my colleagues watching me !

Turned out it was an invitation to a party and it was somebody else’s (badly written) name on the front 😥

worst bit was someone saw the front as I read the inside so couldn’t even pretend

muggomagic

All I can say is, there are many lucky ladies up and down the country, and indeed even in far flung lands, who have benefitted from my romantic nature today.

i hardly think a dirty den’esque display on chat roulette qualifies as “romantic”!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Muggo; you besmirch my good name, Sir. 😡

I demand satisfaction.

muggomagic

I’m not going to satisfy you, even with that glove on.

stylish
    Free Member

My daughter who is only 6 announced she had a boyfriend today and loves football, now i am worried, granted he is a nice lad, we are friends with his parents and go out socially, but FOOTBALL! is it too late to have her adopted?????????/

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Let me be the first to say….’ is closed to new replies.